Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Southampton (FA Cup 5th Round)

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    The team has been leaked on a Southampton forum
    Can you tell us a bit more about this?

Seems odd that a fanbase could leak the opposition's team over 24 hours before it's announced in the usual 60 minutes before kick-off slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Can you tell us a bit more about this?

Seems odd that a fanbase could leak the opposition's team over 24 hours before it's announced in the usual 60 minutes before kick-off slot.
    Nothing set in stone mate, it was just the random opinion of a Saints fan's mate who supports Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Really really concerned about this game. Anyone who featured on Sunday is a huge muscle injury risk, but that side was bare bones..
    Agree. I don't think it's worth risking anyone who we'd class as a major for the league. We can still put out a good enough side to win the game without risk in my opinion.
    There's plenty of seniors who can play like Gakpo ( who lets be truthful didnt break sweat on Sunday) Tsimikas, Gomez, Kelleher,Quansah. That's a good base to add the youngsters to providing we can fill the forward positions.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Southampton don't go all in for this game, they'd much rather concentrate on their league campaign which is tight at the top.
    I said prior to the Arsenal game I wouldn't be gutted to go out. Sounds a bit entitled but I'd rather see us go for the other two comps over the FA cup.
    Last edited by teesred; 27th February 2024 at 07:44 PM.

I don't want to risk anyone but I agree with Tees - Kelleher, Quansah, Gakpo, Tsimi, Gomez and some kids.

Southampton fans seem to think they are all but guaranteed a play off place but have given up hope of ever catching Leeds or Leicester for automatic promotion so by that logic they should really go for it against us (including sticking the boot in to give us more injuries...grrr)

I want us to win but I'd swap beating Arsenal in the 3rd round for beating them in the league.

I’m going into tomorrow with hope rather than expectation. If Southampton name a first team 11, our kids will probably get outmuscled physically. Anfield could be the difference, but that can work both ways in my experience. I’d obviously love to progress, but given our current situation, there’s a slight upside to getting knocked out.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Kelleher

Bradley
    Quansah
    Gomez
    Tsimikas

McConnell
    MacAllister
    Clark

Salah
    Danns
    Gakpo

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    The team has been leaked on a Southampton forum:

Kelleher
    Bradley - Gomez - Quansah - Tsimikas
    Clark - McConnell - Nyoni
    Gakpo - Danns - Koumas

If we find a fit centre back from somewhere we could give Robbo/Tsimi 45 each at left back and put Gomez right back and play the veteran Bradley further forward so his experience can help out the kids in midfield.

I'll be interested to see how the 120 mins affects Chelsea at home to Leeds tomorrow...
    There really isn't much of an alternative to that team. Everyone else badly needs a rest / time to recover from injury

Something like millers will be required if we want to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Something like millers will be required if we want to progress.
    Subs could be massive.

Whilst we have loads of players that I don't want anywhere near the starting XI, there should be lads who are fit to go for 20-30 minutes.

It would be so impressive if we can mainly play "the kids" and be at 0-0 at half-time. Would really open our options up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Subs could be massive.
    [IMG][/IMG]