Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest

Your team v Nottingham Forest

Thanks to our victory over Southampton, the Forest fixture is now one of just two League games before the international break - what would have been the 3rd (the Everton fixture) is postponed to accommodate a trip to Old Trafford for the FA Cup quarter-final. An optimist says it's a chance to rub salt in their open wound of a season while a pessimist will fear the Mancs being the ones to kill our Quad attempt - either way it's a problem for later and part-and-parcel of being a successful team is facing big sides away from Home.

In terms of upcoming fixture congestion and opportunities for rest/recovery, we'll get a little bit of a breather between this Nottingham fixture and the Europa League first leg. Nottingham are a difficult proposition on their ground, especially when we have injuries - but it's time to dig in. The Europa game is also not a "must-win" as we have a return leg at Anfield to recover a deficit, so we don't need to panic if we fielded a weaker team there ahead of Man City.

A selection headache stems from us not really knowing exactly how close Núñez, Szoboszlai or Salah are - not to mention that Robertson now seems to be unwell. Endo may or may not be fit for the weekend too.

For the purpose of this line-up I am assuming the worst (nobody coming back in) and working with what we have. If we get the luxury of playing a stronger side than this then great!!!!

..........................Kelleher

Bradley.......Konate....Van Dijk....Tsimikas

........................Gomez

...............Elliott............Mac Allister

.........Diaz.........Danns........Gakpo

Front three could rotate. Also Gomez in midfield looks weird (I know, I know....) but if Mac Allister is in there with him and they're taking it in turns to cover Konate and Van Dijk I don't think it's a terrible call, especially if they double-pivot here and there - Klopp will likely find a better solution though.

If any of Salah, Núñez, Szoboszlai or Endo can make this it would be great. Hopefully our options begin to look a little better by the time the Europa League and the massive Man City game come around.

Another great chance to put pressure on Arsenal and Man City, even if it's a difficult fixture.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Harsh but I hope we don't see gakpo in the team soon.

Can't see him coming good... does not fit in it seems
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Not his best tonight, but 4 goals in 6 games in the League Cup means he definitely played a part in our latest trophy win.

2 goals and an assist in 4 Europa League matches this season too, plus has 5 goals and 3 assists in the League so just one away from matching last season's goal involvement contribution in the League (7 goals, 2 assists) - would really help if he could put a boss performance in as he snatched at 2 really good opportunities tonight - though we have seen him spin on a sixpence and finish in the box before.

Do hope he can find his best for the run-in.

He's one of our forwards who isn't on the injury list, so there should be plenty of opportunities for him.
    Was disappointed last night but maybe an extended run in the side might help his confidence and performance level.

The moment I saw VvD and Elliot in the starting eleven last night, I decided I wouldn’t participate in the lineup prediction thread again… I obviously know nothing
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Really need Endo fit for this game..Our midfield won't be great without him.. could be a game we slip up in.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I would agree with this Kev, he doesn't seem to have any particularly special attributes and his finishing is hit and miss.

Danns on the other hand does look a bit special. I was impressed with how he's always on his toes in the box, watching, waiting and ready to sniff out any chances. The first finish was that of a goalscorer with natural instinct too. I'd be happy if we moved Gakpo on in the summer and gave his place in the squad to Danns.

Kelleher
    Gomez
    Konate
    VVD
    Robbo
    Macca10
    Elliot
    Clark/Endo
    Salah
    Gakpo
    Diaz

I suspect this is going to be the team. Gomez played as a 6 but there is no way he will play there in a PL game unless there are absolutely no midfielders available. He did a job but looked out of place and it won't work.

On Gakpo he is one of our players and should be backed. We needed him in the final and we had a focal point a experienced player up top. Same with all the other games he has done a job for us. So Gakpo is doing a job as a squad player. He is also showing great attitude that despite not playing often and coming here as a international the expectation would have been more football. But he always has a smile and is happy. One of the reasons we are having a good season and it can also be said of 2022 season is that the other group that aren't starting are good and are keeping the starting 11 on their toes but also giving them great practice. Like Kelleher for example our strikers do practice against him so they are not shooting at no mug so that increases quality. Similar with having Gakpo we may not see him as a starter but as a squad player he is better than a squad player elsewhere.

think we shouldn't rush the injury players out for the sake of City game, I prefer Salah, Szobo and Nunez on the bench if fit, play a good 30-40 mins in the 2nd half.

Defence needs to be switched on.

In February there Forest got 2 goals against Newcastle, 2 goals against West Ham and 2 goals against Aston Villa.

An injury-free win with us getting 3 points would be really great right now. Fingers tightly crossed.

Would love a win over Forest to be complimented by Man United getting omething against Man City, though don't see it at the Etihad. The (small) upside of a Man City win - if coupled with Spurs beating Palace - is it would open up a 6-point gap between Spurs and Man United, which would dampen the Champion's League qualification hopes of the Mancs - but that's insignificant compared to a percentage gain in our attempt to win no. 20 under Jürgen.

Really hope there's a pleasant surprise tomorrow with someone like Endo fit to play.