Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Do you think his playing with younger players increases his risk of injury ??

He's had 4 starts, played his first PL 90 minute game of the season and hasn't got injured today as you feared.
    Seriously.? 😜

Ok - let’s try this:

Would you say that a player that had only 2 starts all season - but - who featured for 120 minutes in 2 finals just 3 days apart would be fit to start a 3rd game? And function adequately? And not be an injury risk? Then ask the same question about a player doing 365 minutes in 10 days as a senior in a side flush with youth and teens?

Starting to wonder if you are freelancing for our medical team - would make sense.

And the first question - ridiculously ambiguous as it is… WTF? you get players - They are not just younger players are they??? Some have NEVER featured in the Premier league before, others have never featured in the first team at all and most are playing in a side missing 14 - count them - 14 seniors.

Good lord

Klopp questioned “HOW” Harvey played on Wednesday night after 120 minutes in the final. Yet he threw him in again today.

Tonight he said how it was “impossible” that we win all 4 of these games in 11 days. It’s actually 10 days as today is day 11.

What part of this would anyone who knows this game struggle with? Elliott - who was so much better in the flesh than many (who never go to games) realise on Wednesday - was a spent force today. And totally understandable and I am sorry but Klopp and his staff should really ask if playing him was wise.

We got away with it - A dodgy ref call is all that stands between us and 2 dropped points if we are honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Seriously.? 😜

Ok - let’s try this:

Would you say that a player that had only 2 starts all season - but - who featured for 120 minutes in 2 finals just 3 days apart would be fit to start a 3rd game? And function adequately? And not be an injury risk? Then ask the same question about a player doing 365 minutes in 10 days as a senior in a side flush with youth and teens?

Starting to wonder if you are freelancing for our medical team - would make sense.

And the first question - ridiculously ambiguous as it is… WTF? you get players - They are not just younger players are they??? Some have NEVER featured in the Premier league before, others have never featured in the first team at all and most are playing in a side missing 14 - count them - 14 seniors.

Good lord
    I've no idea what kind of questions you're asking. Mine was quite simple.

I don't think the workload on Elliott was risking injury in any particular manner. Given his minutes this season and don't think having 4 consecutive starts is an injury risk.

Oh right let’s just call it 4 starts eh. Let’s forget about the number of minutes compacted into such a crazy short time frame AND ignore the “Characteristic of the team”

Let’s ignore all of that.

Here is Klopp talking 3 days ago post Southampton.

I was surprised Elliott started yesterday although needs must. Wasn't surprised he was subbed in the second half. Not because he's shite either, I've just been reading that he's one of the best young midfielders in the premier league

https://onefootball.com/en/news/harvey-elliott-the-premier-leagues-dark-horse-39136918

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I was surprised Elliott started yesterday although needs must. Wasn't surprised he was subbed in the second half. Not because he's shite either, I've just been reading that he's one of the best young midfielders in the premier league

https://onefootball.com/en/news/harvey-elliott-the-premier-leagues-dark-horse-39136918
    He can be frustrating at times but his effort never waivers. He's been a brilliant player for us this season there's no doubt about it and his future is at Anfield. Easy to forget how young he still is.

Severely underrated player by so many. Thank the lord Klopp knows different and appreciates him so much. Has been over used over the last 4 games and will surely get some much earned rest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh right let’s just call it 4 starts eh. Let’s forget about the number of minutes compacted into such a crazy short time frame AND ignore the “Characteristic of the team”

Let’s ignore all of that.

Here is Klopp talking 3 days ago post Southampton.

I'm not sure if you are talking about reality, or hypothetical situations.

You said:
    "Would you say that a player that had only 2 starts all season - but - who featured for 120 minutes in 2 finals just 3 days apart would be fit to start a 3rd game?"

Like we've only played 1 Final this season so far, and Elliott has started mostly in cup games and not league games as a b-team player.

So if you're asking non-reality based questions in response to an answer given on reality, I'm not sure what you seek to gleem from this hypothetical set of questions.

Again, I don't find quote selection from media briefings a solid form of argument.
    I've not even watched it thats how poor a form of argument.
    I'll watch it now.... and stand by my position.

Klopp started him after what he said in a presser and he didn't get injured. The impossible was possible after all, again..

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He can be frustrating at times but his effort never waivers. He's been a brilliant player for us this season there's no doubt about it and his future is at Anfield. Easy to forget how young he still is.
    Agree with that, big improvement in his second season though other young players look more at place in the side on far fewer minutes.

Hit his 100th senior game for LFC very recently. Which is a great milestone for his age.

Not very fast in terms of sprinting, perhaps a higher natural level of cortisol would limit that top end sprint speed but would also protect him from injuries. One to watch in my theory book.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking about reality, or hypothetical situations.

You said:
    "Would you say that a player that had only 2 starts all season - but - who featured for 120 minutes in 2 finals just 3 days apart would be fit to start a 3rd game?"

Like we've only played 1 Final this season so far, and Elliott has started mostly in cup games and not league games as a b-team player.

So if you're asking non-reality based questions in response to an answer given on reality, I'm not sure what you seek to gleem from this hypothetical set of questions.

Again, I don't find quote selection from media briefings a solid form of argument.
    I've not even watched it thats how poor a form of argument.
    I'll watch it now.... and stand by my position.

Klopp started him after what he said in a presser and he didn't get injured. The impossible was possible after all, again..
    Scratching my head in wonder at how someone who seems otherwise highly intelligent but continues to display a level of ignorance on this subject. Is it a stat thing? Do you only compute with numbers? No human understanding of what the body is capable of? No ability to see what Klopp means when he says - Neither Harvey or Gakpo would have played on Wednesday in a normal situation - And especially so with “Harvey who played 120 minutes just 5 minutes ago”.

I gave you a hypothetical 2 game scenario to try and make things easier for you to comprehend. You mentioned only 4 starts all season. I kept it to 2. I did it to highlight how even only 2 starts could put a player in jeopardy of starting a 3rd a few days later.

You are a strange fella CC.