Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    yes Chelsea have had a shite show of a season - we had one last season. It happens. They have had huge upheaval though in case you hadn’t noticed. Club ripped out of th brands of the best thing that ever happened to them. A billionaire owner who genuinely loved the sport with a passion - was willing to do whatever he could t get the best players and managers and who crucially knew where to draw the line. Now in the hands of a billionaire bumpkin - learning on the job.
    Yup, Roman as demonstrated was more of a prudish owner than a boehly show.
    But all those factors were evident at the time, think your analysis/moaning was a bit price tag driven and a soft spot for poch

On Elliott, think my speculation re injury risk was spot on
    He's looked much stronger in his second season, even though some youngsters with less minutes seem more ready for the level. Big step up all the same from last year in terms of performances and since the start of this season. He's featured far more than other kids which gives a more reliable baseline. My jaw hit the floor when commentary said he'd his 100th LFC cap in a recent game. He's played 105 now & 64 PL games.
    You saw more of his value last year tbh. In contrast he fucking annoyed me last year.

Roman owns Liverpool and we have 25 titles - minus Jurgen - and lord knows how many European cups.

Fill yer boots my little Sherman Tank lover

Elliott always had quality - Like Jones - another lad I kept holding a candle for - but the lad is still young,

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Roman owns Liverpool and we have 25 titles - minus Jurgen - and lord knows how many European cups.

Fill yer boots my little Sherman Tank lover
    I'd take Jurgen and just two titles or even one over a Roman ownership with god knows how many Russian blood/oil money titles 10 milllion times a week and twice on Thrusday.

We'll always be a better club because Jurgen chose to come and manage us.
    We'll never be a lesser club because we didn't have an owner like Roman or the Oil Sheikhs.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Titles since 2011/12 to today

LFC: 1 PL, 1 CL, 1 fa cup, 3 league cups, 1 super cup & 1 WCC.
    2 majors as you like to say 6 others.

CFC: 2 PL, 2 CL, 2 europa leagues, 2 fa cups, 1 league cup, 1 super cup & 1 WCC.
    4 majors, 5 others.

2-4 on majors,
    6-9 with el/fa/lc added
    8-11 with Sc & WCC

It's the pre-fsg era where chelsea outspent Liverpool significantly. Toddy aside.

It's been an even less competitive league of late in terms of titles by fine margins... reffing in cituae's favour.

Anfield 60+ stadium now, Klopp leaving a good squad with a good age profile. Alonso a mooted replacement. Finances sound.

Anither thread hijacked wi' Chelsea/Roman nonsense. Well done.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'd take Jurgen and just two titles or even one over a Roman ownership with god knows how many Russian blood/oil money titles 10 milllion times a week and twice on Thrusday.

We'll always be a better club because Jurgen chose to come and manage us.
    We'll never be a lesser club because we didn't have an owner like Roman or the Oil Sheikhs.
    'blood/oil money"

What a good little citizen you are - swallowing all the propaganda like a child taking medicine. Roman is a typical billionaire crook like they all are. YOU think Henry made his money without playing the game? Talk about blinkered.

This was squarely centered around owners - I simply suggested that EVEN without Klopp we would have won more with Roman than with F$G and you and your other Sherman Tank lover can stand on your heads in uproar - but it will still be true

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Titles since 2011/12 to today

LFC: 1 PL, 1 CL, 1 fa cup, 3 league cups, 1 super cup & 1 WCC.
    2 majors as you like to say 6 others.

CFC: 2 PL, 2 CL, 2 europa leagues, 2 fa cups, 1 league cup, 1 super cup & 1 WCC.
    4 majors, 5 others.

2-4 on majors,
    6-9 with el/fa/lc added
    8-11 with Sc & WCC

It's the pre-fsg era where chelsea outspent Liverpool significantly. Toddy aside.

It's been an even less competitive league of late in terms of titles by fine margins... reffing in cituae's favour.

Anfield 60+ stadium now, Klopp leaving a good squad with a good age profile. Alonso a mooted replacement. Finances sound.

I'm sure you actually do - but it does often feel like you don't have any real knowledge of the history of the sport - or of the standing of the different football clubs in this country.

Chelsea had 1 league title in their ENTIRE HISTORY before Roman arrived in 2003 and they won the league in 2005.

1 title... That was 1955. Worse still - that single win was the FIRST and ONLY title of any description that Chelsea FC had won in their entire history!

Then from 2003 following Roman's take over they won this little lot:

Remember this is without Jurgen Klopp

2X European Cup
    5X League Title
    2x Europa League
    5x FA Cup
    3x League Cup

Chelsea did so well in fact that despite the club being effectively shut down and then the victim of a forced sale to a dodgy chancer in early 2022 - they are the second most successful club after City this last decade and certainly are the most successful over the last 15 years which covers all of FSG's ownership of Liverpool. This is despite Jurgen Klopp and his ridiculous levels of miracle working over 9 of them.

So putting political leanings aside - I think it's safe to say which ownership had the more positive effects on the success of each club .

One club. went from nowhere - to the very top and remained there over a 15 year period until he their owner was removed. The other captured the the nations most successful club "for a steal" - bagged the world's best manager and took 1 league title and 1 European cup over a similar period of time.

We all hope that is increased this season and Jurgen deserves at least double that tally but still.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th March 2024 at 01:39 PM.

I just don't see the sporting merit in any of it when you can literally sign anyone you want without consequences.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I just don't see the sporting merit in any of it when you can literally sign anyone you want without consequences.
    Anyone can sign anyone. FSG can sign anyone - they CHOOSE to hide behind their model. And that model ONLY benefits THEM! Their bottom line. The benefit comes now as they buy more and more sporting franchises with our club as collateral.

The entire FFP framework is BOLLOX. It is the sole reason behind the US domination of clubs in the league. PROFIT. FFP is not about anything moral. That's the BS disguise for the minions - like foreign aid. It's bullshit.

FSG will walk when they sell LFC with far more dosh than Roman ever invested! FACT