Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

We just need Baldy to do something typically Guardiola and overthink it. He tends to try something 'clever' against us.

I think it we're both on it City will win. We need to City to have a poor one and for us to be right on it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We just need Baldy to do something typically Guardiola and overthink it. He tends to try something 'clever' against us.

I think it we're both on it City will win. We need to City to have a poor one and for us to be right on it from the start.
    I fancy us to win. Klopps last game in the league, there's a lot riding on it, atmosphere will be immense. The lads will be bang up for this.

No PL game for us until the last day of March after this one with FA Cup and international break ahead. Be great to see us at full rocket intensity so baldy's boys can cack themselves in front of an Anfield crowd again.

and the second leg of the Europa.. we can rest players before he weekend trip to Man-united in the Cup, thanks to the 5-1 score last night
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Agree on CCTV’s variation of formation exactly as I see it too I’d start Bradley though

Kelleher

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Szloboslai Endo Mac Allister

Salah Nunez Diaz

Kelleher

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Szloboslai Endo Mac Allister Diaz

Salah Nunez

Doesn't seem like Konate will make it. Gomez is having a good season at full back but doesn't fill me with confidence in the middle. Having said that, I'd start with Bradley and I'd rather have Gomez next to him than Quansah. Bradley and Quansah together would be too much of a risk due to the lack of experience

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Doesn't seem like Konate will make it. Gomez is having a good season at full back but doesn't fill me with confidence in the middle. Having said that, I'd start with Bradley and I'd rather have Gomez next to him than Quansah. Bradley and Quansah together would be too much of a risk due to the lack of experience
    What are we a team of biscuit men OR is something else at play? Nobody else gets close to this level of constant and consistent injury. Surely there is far more to this than coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What are we a team of biscuit men OR is something else at play? Nobody else gets close to this level of constant and consistent injury. Surely there is far more to this than coincidence?
    I wonder if this will be something we will notice under the new manager next season and beyond. It'll be interesting to see if there's any let up.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I wonder if this will be something we will notice under the new manager next season and beyond. It'll be interesting to see if there's any let up.
    It's the style of football. The hard miles. The evidence is there. People forget what we did to the squad the season we won the title after 97 points and a CL win the season prior. No reinforcements and the group collectively hit the wall. Similar happened to an older squad again when going for the quad 2 years ago. THIS is WHY so many neutrals revere Klopp. He is fighting for all the prizes with a squad built for one per season - and that's at best.

I asked the question years ago before we won the big prizes - during and will ask it again. WHY do peopl think so few German players have come to play for Jurgen? They know they will have a great chance for big wins BUT they also know their career will be shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It's the style of football. The hard miles. The evidence is there. People forget what we did to the squad the season we won the title after 97 points and a CL win the season prior. No reinforcements and the group collectively hit the wall. Similar happened to an older squad again when going for the quad 2 years ago. THIS is WHY so many neutrals revere Klopp. He is fighting for all the prizes with a squad built for one per season - and that's at best.

I asked the question years ago before we won the big prizes - during and will ask it again. WHY do peopl think so few German players have come to play for Jurgen? They know they will have a great chance for big wins BUT they also know their career will be shortened.
    What german players would have improved us? German team has been on a downward curve since jurgens been here very few elite players and most want to play at bayern. Think you're reaching a bit mate