Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Fitness permitting…

Kelleher

Bradley. Konate. Virgil. Gomez

Endo

Szobo. Macca

Gakpo. Nunez. Diaz.

Not convinced Szobo, Salah and are really fit enough to really start this one, so Szobo inclusion ahead of Elliot is wishful thinking, Salah off the bench seems a better option 35 / 40 mins against a tiring City sounds a good strategy given his lack of minutes…

Robbo has been well off the pace since he has come back, so I would stick with Gomez at left back, Quansah against Haaland is more of a concern than Konate, but if he aint fit, Quansah it has to be….

Its good to have some 1st team players back, its just unfortunate that the City game is not a couple of more games away to allow them to get upto speed but It is what it is… hopefully the kids can come on as and when required and perform really well.

C’mon Brentford ����

It should be a cracking game no matter what outcome, and the Anfield atmosphere will be on full volume.

I'm wishing I'd went to the match now !!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Haha- for sure Cause Kimmich - Goretske - Sane - Gnabry - Musiala - Gundogan - Kroos and Rudiger are all shyte…

So many excellent German players featured for our rivals - Just our German coach never landed 1.

Call it reaching if you like but you might want to look up what it actually means.

Almost 10 years at Liverpool - German manager - not a single German player came. I think it’s telling.
    You are not getting the point.....did any of them ever want to come to liverpool? And could we have outbid the clubs they went to or are at?? Cant recall klopp signing any belgian, norwegian, danish or italian players either during his tenure...sometimes things are just cooincidence and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    What german players would have improved us? German team has been on a downward curve since jurgens been here very few elite players and most want to play at bayern. Think you're reaching a bit mate
    Haha- for sure Cause Kimmich - Goretske - Sane - Gnabry - Musiala - Gundogan - Kroos and Rudiger are all shyte…

So many excellent German players featured for our rivals - Just our German coach never landed 1.

Call it reaching if you like but you might want to look up what it actually means.

Almost 10 years at Liverpool - German manager - not a single German player came. I think it’s telling.

You are not getting the point.....did any of them ever want to come to liverpool? And could we have outbid the clubs they went to or are at?? Cant recall klopp signing any belgian, norwegian, danish or italian players either during his tenure...sometimes things are just cooincidence and nothing else
    No You are not getting the point

It’s a simple one. In Germany they know what Klopp means. How he operates and what it entails to play for him. He was a legend there at Mainz and Dortmund in case you didn’t know - he has been here years and bought players from Guinea, Egypt, all manner of football nations with weaker squad groups than Germany have - he has in depth knowledge of the german game - and not one single outfield player.

Karius the only German national signed.

It’s worthy of analysis regardless of what you say.

Imagine a world where Pep doesn’t sign a single
    spaniard.

Hmm. And no I don’t include Belgians - or Norwegians - because Pep is Spanish played his game in Spain and became a managerial legend in Spain, as Klopp did in Germany.

It’s quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Imagine a world where Pep doesn’t sign a single
    spaniard.

Hmm. And no I don’t include Belgians - or Norwegians - because Pep is Spanish played his game in Spain and became a managerial legend in Spain, as Klopp did in Germany.

It’s quite simple.
    Think you're way off the mark but each to their own. If any of the players you listed had wanted to come they would have, majority chose fc hollywood or big big money out of our structure.

Think you're way off the mark but each to their own. If any of the players you listed had wanted to come they would have, majority chose fc hollywood or big big money out of our structure.
    Way off the mark with what? The fact that Jurgen Klopp in almost 10 years hasn't landed a single German player?

Ok mate.. carry on.

And I listed a few German players simply to highlight how wide of the mark your daft comment about German football was. It's a fact and a strange situation that any manager from a European league moves to another and doesn't bring in at least a few of his fellow countrymen.

And further to that - in light of how former Klopp players tend to do post Klopp - And in light of our consistently poor injury record I think there is something there worth discussing. Not with you - clearly - but that's perfectly fine with me.
    Last edited by Steveo; 9th March 2024 at 04:37 PM.

Ich hoffe von ganzem Herzen, dass wir diesen Finanzbetrügern morgen ein Ende setzen.