Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

He's a pure shill for Sky. Fucking ridiculous to say what he said about that penalty incident. "I can see why it's not been given". Get to fuck.
    He's tried to look impartial and made himself look a clown.

Kelleher, Bradley and Quansah got some more big match experience today, the future is bright!

Carragher needs to behave after his spitting row.. To think he retired a season early.. and joined Sky.. if he had stayed on 1 more year. we may have won the league under Rodgers. we would have conceded less than 58 or what ever it was that season
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the penalty that wasn't given at the end?
    My coverage was freezing and I didn't see it clearly.
    Wonder if it'll be shown and discussed on MOTD?
    https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=355309.1920

Virgil Van Dijk made 77 passes today with a 98% passing accuracy

98%….

'"An unavoidable coming together" according to Stuart Atwell' on VAR - the BBC matchday commentator who can hear the audio feed between the match officials.

All this var conspiracy nonsense has gone too far as far as I'm concerned. The late Doku challenge is a possible penalty. Nothing more than that. Story of match was Mo's wonderful through ball to Diaz. Sadly it was to Diaz. Let's all hope City can burst the arsenal balloon

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Let's all hope City can burst the arsenal balloon
    Arsenal - 64
    Liverpool - 64
    Man City - 63

I still think the ideal result when they face off is a draw provided we win against Brighton at Anfield. You'd then be looking at -

Liverpool - 67
    Arsenal - 65
    Man City - 64

- and there would be 9 games left to play. I know there is absolutely no guarantee of us winning 9 games in a row, but if we could enter the closing stages of the season with a lead on points (rather than goal difference) then we wouldn't have to worry about forcing anything like against Crystal Palace in 13/14 and could focus solely on winning one match at a time by any means, as opposed to being forced into playing a needlessly risky way. Particularly relevant when it comes to Arsenal, given that they seem to be able to get big wins.

Also worth noting that if we were 3 points ahead of Man City by the end of the Brighton game AND had a superior goal difference to them, we'd have wiggle-room for a slip-up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Also worth noting that if we were 3 points ahead of Man City by the end of the Brighton game AND had a superior goal difference to them, we'd have wiggle-room for a slip-up somewhere.
    Are you discounting arsenal here though? In your scenario, if we have 1 slip then arsenal can move ahead. We can't discount them imo. They look strong this year and are scoring when everyone thought they would struggle for goals.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Are you discounting arsenal here though? In your scenario, if we have 1 slip then arsenal can move ahead. We can't discount them imo. They look strong this year and are scoring when everyone thought they would struggle for goals.
    No, not discounting Arsenal.

They're a big threat. However, of the various permutations and options available to us, I think being 2 ahead of Arsenal and 3 ahead of Man City is preferable to anything else.

A win for Man City in that fixture (assuming we beat Brighton) would leave it like this -

Liverpool - 67
    Man City - 66
    Arsenal - 64

So if Arsenal weren't thumped, they'd still be able to get ahead anyway on goal difference if we lost a game - and so would Man City, who have previous history of long spells unbeaten.

I also think Arsenal have the trickier run-in of our opponents, whereas Man City have a cluster of tricky games ahead and then a seemingly clear run on paper.

Weighing it all up, I still think a draw is best in the Man City v Arsenal fixture, with us doing everything we can to take care of our own business and (hopefully) getting lads like Alisson, Jones, Gravenberch, Trent and Jota back as we go.