Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United (Fa Cup, Quarter-Final)

Your team v Man United (Fa Cup, Quarter-Final)

A fixture that never needs any introduction. It's that lot and it's at their ground.

They aren't the side they used to be - in fact their shocking fall has been the stuff of many's a meme, though complacency is dangerous. We need to be on it, we need to be full of energy, we need to be clinical and we need to be ruthless.

I expect a tough game and some nerves, though am quietly confident they'll prevail. A Quad attempt, however ambitious it is (they tend not to happen for a reason....) is still alive and they would love nothing more than to be the party-poopers.

Klopp had said that he had hoped Konate would make this one, so assuming he does, I would go for -

..........................Kelleher

Bradley.......Konate....Van Dijk....Gomez

.........................Endo

.............Elliott............Mac Allister

.........Salah.........Núńez........Diaz

Obviously if Konate can't make it, I would trust Quansah.

Gomez at right-back with Robertson at left-back is also a possibility and my leaving out of Robbo may raise an eyebrow or two, but I'd rather not leave space in behind too often, especially in the opening half.

If we don't win it in normal time, I'd trust us in extra-time. If we don't win it in extra-time, I'd trust us on penalties. With it being our last match before the international break (and the one that sets the tone until March 31st against Brighton) the ideal situation is a comfortable, injury-free win - so let's go there and do that.

Come on Reds!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Could be spot on, if Konate is fit and Klopp goes for Elliott’s rhythm over Szoboszlai’s ability returning from injury.

Kelleher

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Szoboslai Endo Mac Allister

Salah Nunez Diaz

Come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool absolutely smash those Manc twats

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Could be spot on, if Konate is fit and Klopp goes for Elliott’s rhythm over Szoboszlai’s ability returning from injury.
    As good as Szoboszlai is, Elliott's work-rate and good run of form mean he squeaks in for me (though happy enough if Klopp feels otherwise) and hopefully Szoboszlai able to wreak further havoc from the bench.

yeah think its likely Elliot starts. considering Szoboszlai played the entire game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Good to be ready for a real fight, right at it from first to last because we were very good tonight but it was a stroll at times and being right at it & staying right at it throughout is sometimes a challenge after a stroll

Wonder if the turds will park the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Wonder if the turds will park the bus?
    It would be the sensible thing for them to do really, but their crowd might get on their case a bit if we dominate possession.

If we play anything like our best we should absolutely batter them.

I can't see our starting XI being enything other than the strongest available.

Then we just have to keep our fingers crossed over the International break...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

All they'll do is sit back, pass to fernandes and hit the ball over the top to rashford /Garnacho.... as long as we're aware and watch that we'll be ok.

Should dominate the midfield.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.