Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: FA Cup Quarter Final Man Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    We started poorly, got two quick goals, dominated possession without actually hurting them, conceded some shocking goals but individual mistakes cost us in the end …

Gakpo had a shocker and Nunez and Elliott will not sleep tonight… horrendous mistakes by the pair of them…

We got what we deserved today, just run out of gas and ideas today, sloppy up front and in midfield today…

How was Fernandes not sent off though for his foul on DS, tbf it was an absolute stonewall yellow / red card…not surprised that we did’t get it, but we then get a yellow card straight after for clearly winning the ball… but thats not why we lost today..

Very bad day at the office…
    This all day.
    Kelleher best player today, back line relied on him for possession and distribution. Give a team bucket loads of chances even soft ones will go in.
    Still amazes me reading the forum that the main reason we were caught out has not been addressed.
    We need players back, if not it will be hard, we are still in it till the last whistle.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

I think Bradley should have started Gomez doesn’t help out passing & creativity the same

Play your best possible game with you best available players

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don’t see that we’ll have loads back it’s maybe a good wake up call about the dangers of overplaying & losing your direct ability we’ve missed scoring so many goals we once would have walked on since the overplaying starts last season Maybe not obvious to everyone but it was obvious to me I commented a few times we were quickly losing our once devastating ability on the counter

I think that Sparta game did for us today
    Hope you’re right. it might be a kick up the bum - right now it hurts more as it’s the scum. We defo didn’t need to go that strong v Sparta after scoring 2 more at Anfield we could have tested key players for today.

At the end of the day though - a game like that away v united in the cup is always a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think Bradley should have started Gomez doesn’t help out passing & creativity the same

Play your best possible game with you best available players
    Agree 1000%

So after this shit show. Klopp has said Diaz, Nunez & Gakpo have picked up injuries. I hope theyre candy arses are staying put here and not jetting off anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hope you’re right. it might be a kick up the bum - right now it hurts more as it’s the scum. We defo didn’t need to go that strong v Sparta after scoring 2 more at Anfield we could have tested key players for today.

At the end of the day though - a game like that away v united in the cup is always a tough one.
    Think most supporters are going to calm down quickly after this and this again is the testament to what Klopp has done. We always have a tomorrow another meaningful week or game ahead. For a team that wins a lot of games in romantic ways and also who win a lot of games we also big enough to take one on the chin.

Not the first time we've fucked up a situation when we have double attackers at least v defenders

wasn't we 5 v1 a gainst arsenal?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Only one team wanted to win that game today and they deserved it. Had them on the ropes for the majority of the second half and did absolutely fuck all with the possession. and there are no words to describe how much I detest Harvey Elliot, the fucking useless little detestable gnome looking cunt. He is absolutely shite. Gakpo too the fucking slug, my grandad is quicker.

I think we need a new manager for next season, Jurgens had his day !!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    they had an whole week to prepare and they gave it everything, it was never gonna be easy.. we have a run lot in the last few weeks. thankfully we have a break now
    I agree we were very leggy throughout so needed our best possible decision making

It was just a game too far on what has been an incredible run with so many players missing & all the lads have been brilliant

Shame it had to be them, but, if this means we get this out of our system by beating them in the League winning all our remaining games, I’ll take that