Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: FA Cup Quarter Final Man Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I agree we were very leggy throughout so needed our best possible decision making

It was just a game too far on what has been an incredible run with so many players missing & all the lads have been brilliant

Shame it had to be them, but, if this means we get this out of our system by beating them in the League winning all our remaining games, I’ll take that
    There will be payback when we return in the league. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There has to be. Took them lightly today and got stung.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not the first time we've fucked up a situation when we have double attackers at least v defenders

wasn't we 5 v1 a gainst arsenal?
    Agree I think we should have/need drills in training to keep the players as sharp as they once were in those situations as the drop off in our ability at it has been huge since the overplaying began, it started in 21-22 & although we almost won the lot that season, we had those kind of chances a couple of times v Real & in crucial league games & did what we did today

I get the work on dominating possession but you change a lot of dynamics when you change one & our drop off in finishing situations like that was we used to has been considerable

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No one to blame but ourselves, we should've been 3 or 4 up in the 2nd half. Taking Mo off was a huge loss but was probably down to managing his injury.

Has to be - if they were to cost us two trophies in one season it would be criminal, especially given how bloody average they are.

Hopefully one or two back by then and better performances from some - if individuals raise their game and we have, say, Konate and Jones back, with a fitter Salah, then the picture already looks better.

As deflating as today is, flip the coin - we were pretty poor and they needed FOUR goals and 120 bloody minutes to finally kill us when we were complacent, tired and full of errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Agree I think we should have/need drills in training to keep the players as sharp as they once were in those situations as the drop off in our ability at it has been huge since the overplaying began, it started in 21-22 & although we almost won the lot that season, we had those kind of chances a couple of times v Real & in crucial league games & did what we did today

I get the work on dominating possession but you change a lot of dynamics when you change one & our drop off in finishing situations like that was we used to has been considerable
    You mean when we had better finishers?
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Another clinker. How exactly did we take them lightly?
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Has to be - if they were to cost us two trophies in one season it would be criminal, especially given how bloody average they are.

Hopefully one or two back by then and better performances from some - if individuals raise their game and we have, say, Konate and Jones back, with a fitter Salah, then the picture already looks better.

As deflating as today is, flip the coin - we were pretty poor and they needed FOUR goals and 120 bloody minutes to finally kill us when we were complacent, tired and full of errors.
    Just one of those days sadly. The magic of the FA cup seems to favour the underdogs this season 😂😂

No one to blame but ourselves, we should've been 3 or 4 up in the 2nd half. Taking Mo off was a huge loss but was probably down to managing his injury.
    Could have also been three or four down ourselves before we actually scored. Took half an hour or more to get going but even at 2-1 in the second half we weren't convincing and they were dangerous on the counter all game.
    Crimson made a good point regarding Salah, I thought he looked half tilt/ fit as a few also mentioned but it's also Ramadan. Strange he played the full game Thursday.

Today just reminded me how good Salah/Bobby/Mane where as a unit as a counter attacking machine as a geggrnpressing machine and in terms of finishing. This current group are dangerous, wild, hungry, ambitious and young. Bit there was a period think 2017-2020 where that front 3 was just unbelievable. Salah was golden boot twice I think, Mane shared it one season with him. You just knew when they were through the met was going to bulge also they were decisive on the counter very ruthless.

Obviously this group is young and nee and as they play lore together they will know when/,hoe a team mate makes a run etc. But I feel at times the ball carrier takes a a touch or 2 too many, Szobo I feel does that as well as Nunez, Diaz Gakpo rather than fizz it on to the player ahead and then join in as he carries it and then arrive to a cut back or just play it into space and let your pacey partner finish.