Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Sheffield United

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Klopp was being careful with Konate due to a slight muscle twinge but he will likely be available for the Sheffield United match.

We can probably expect Jones and Robertson to be available picks either for Sheffield United or Man United.

Trent will be the next due back.

Jota and Alisson more likely to be mid-April or late April.
    we get really bad with injury's.......

I think even the GK position..... is the most injury prone in the league, rare for gk's too get injured allison gets a couple.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Skipping ahead but I think man utd will be the most important game of this season, we win, i can see us carrying on and winning it.

We draw/lose... I can't see us doing it.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I would start Curtis Jones on Thursday if hes 100%. I think we need to get some him playing time.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I would start Curtis Jones on Thursday if hes 100%. I think we need to get some him playing time.
    Amazing insights.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Skipping ahead but I think man utd will be the most important game of this season, we win, i can see us carrying on and winning it.

We draw/lose... I can't see us doing it.
    A mate of mine said that yesterday, win at OT and we win the league.
    I still think there's going to be a few twists. Spurs are always a fucking pain in our arse and Villa won't be easy. They may be tiring but it'll still be tough at their place.
    Everton won't be a breeze either, 12 games without a win and looking shite but they held us earlier in the season,derby games are usually a win for us but these circumstances where they could spanner it for us might be harder than expected.
    A roller-coaster as usual then.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Amazing insights.
    why do you come on and attack peoples posts then leave? have some respect?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It's a good time to be getting midfielders back.

I'm still very conscious of the situation Endo has with yellow cards. If he picks up two more in the next 3 League fixtures -

- Sheffield United (Anfield)
    - Man United (away)
    - Crystal Palace (Anfield)

- then he'd be suspended for 2 games, which we could do without. It resets after that 32nd (Crystal Palace) game though, so if he can stick to one yellow in those three, it keeps him available for the 33rd and 34th matches.

Given how good he has been, I'd want him available.

In a perfect World where the Sheffield United fixture is going well (not giving this too much deep thought, just presenting a quick scenario) then we could sub our entire midfield 3 in stages.

For talk's sake, if everything was going extremely well and we were 2-0 up at half-time having started Endo/Mac Allister/Szoboszlai (and Endo hadn't been booked yet) we could bring Elliot on and stick Mac Allister in the DM area - then as the game progresses to the 65th-75th range we could bring on Gravenberch and Jones for Mac Allister and Szoboszlai.

Chances of it panning out just as I'd like are pretty zilch, but it would get Jones/Elliott/Gravenberch vital minutes whilst ensuring Endo can take a yellow in the one game we probably really need him to - the Old Trafford fixture.

why do you come on and attack peoples posts then leave? have some respect?
    Ye'll be very happy tae ken ah haven't gone anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Chances of it panning out just as I'd like are pretty zilch
    Ye git that much right.

We're fine in midfield noo. Pointless worrying aboot yellow cards at this stage o' th' seezin.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Ye git that much right.

We're fine in midfield noo. Pointless worrying aboot yellow cards at this stage o' th' seezin.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it "worries" me - but I am undeniably conscious about it.

We face a few teams that are decent on the counter before the season is out and of our players who are most alive to danger, Endo is right up there.

It would be ideal if he can avoid suspension so as to enable him to take a cynical yellow if required and also just generally act as a good screen for our back four - rather than miss two games.

Having lads like Jones and Gravenberch back is very much welcome, but if Endo could be available as an option for all 9 of remaining League games, rather than us having to juggle things around, it would be great.

Hence my hope he can avoid a yellow against Sheffield United. He then has 2 games left (before the slate is cleaned) where he can only take one yellow to avoid a brief ban.

He's almost guaranteed to need to make a cynical foul to prevent a counter-attack against Man United so that is almost certainly one. A careful game against Crystal Palace (or don't use him at all) and we'd be in the clear with him for some tough away matches - I'd welcome that big time! Every little percentage gain could count in the run-in.