Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: VAR League table

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It’s the throwing the baby out with the bath water & ditching things that worked brilliantly when you should obviously keep them & add other things to them that I object to

We’ve got the 2 of the best attacking full backs in world football, they are currently drastically underused, which is obviously a waste of a string to our bow that should be utilised more in our games

I didn’t like it when we overused them for several games in a row last season banging relentless crosses in towards Nunez like he was that type of No9 when he first arrived either but to use them as little as we do now, that’s just a waste
    BUT do you think either Robbo and Trent can perform at the intensity they once did?

I don't.... AND I don't see many FB managing that. Walker for instance - is much more of an athlete than either BUT he doesn't have to do this nearly as often in games - as he - imo - has better quality ball playing mids inside of him who are making lots' of darting runs and playing far more high quality short passes - controlling the play.

I don't think Robbo was EVER going to keep that level up. He was playing beyon his limits. he was never the most gifted technically speaking. Ditto fro Trent. No way he can play at that tempo for more than a season and a half wihout a loss of form or a injury.

The thing you tend to lose sight of 19 - is these are human beings. They aren't able to keep the monumental levels they set themselves - I know you don't rate him but without a prime Fabinho and that stunning front 3...NONE of what Trent and Robbo did would ever work for long before we got found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    BUT do you think either Robbo and Trent can perform at the intensity they once did?

I don't.... AND I don't see many FB managing that. Walker for instance - is much more of an athlete than either BUT he doesn't have to do this nearly as often in games - as he - imo - has better quality ball playing mids inside of him who are making lots' of darting runs and playing far more high quality short passes - controlling the play.

I don't think Robbo was EVER going to keep that level up. He was playing beyon his limits. he was never the most gifted technically speaking. Ditto fro Trent. No way he can play at that tempo for more than a season and a half wihout a loss of form or a injury.

The thing you tend to lose sight of 19 - is these are human beings. They aren't able to keep the monumental levels they set themselves - I know you don't rate him but without a prime Fabinho and that stunning front 3...NONE of what Trent and Robbo did would ever work for long before we got found out.
    I've always said that if Trent wants to salvage the tail end of his career then he himself should be pushing for that move to midfield.

It's a less demanding position than having to run down pacy wingers on the right flank at RB, and of course his (defensive) flaws will largely be covered up and hidden by a capable 6 right behind him.

Plus, midfielders just tend to have longer careers than either attackers or defenders just based on what their position demands relative the other positions.

It sucks having to admit that Southgate was right, but it seems he had a point in suggesting it - even though Klopp poo-poo-ed the idea at the time.

He'll score great goals every now and then like he did yesterday, but then follow it up with a catalog of head-bashingly frustrating defensive cock-ups and lapses that no one talks about since all anyone will remember will be the worldie of a goal he scored.

Just move to the midfield already and cut the charade already.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It’s football players run a lot that’s the job I see other sides do as much running as we did consistently

It’s football players run a lot that’s the job I see other sides do as much running as we did consistently
    They all run yes - and some may even cover the same distances too - but it’s not just the miles - it’s the toughness of those miles. Beyond Robbo and Trent - Gini - Hendo - Fab - Bobby - Mane - Oxlade - Milner … They were murdering themselves for the cause.

Mo Salah is the only one even approaching any regular football at the top level today - and most are saying he looks done.

Klopp is amazing - no bigger fan of his than me - but he has had to over use players and over work them imo.

How else do we explain all those prematurely spent players and the consistent injuries we seem to suffer almost every season?

City do the same, they let players go early 30’s & they never do much of anything, they often play the same players even though they spent millions or players to rotate

All teams run loads if they’re successful they runs loads twice a week most weeks, if they are challenging for trophies they often don’t rest players as much as they should as their back up players are a significant drop off

We’re not any different from other clubs I watch loads of football of different t teams or different leagues the idea that Klopp’s way of playing wears players out more just doesn’t stand up

The table should now read

Liverpool P34 PTS 81 GD +45
    Arsenal P34 PTS 76 GD +52
    City P32 PTS 73 GD +43

Without the bent officiating costing us points in the Spurs game away & Arsenal & City games at Anfield & injuries at Brentford & v Chelsea letting bad ones go for the same player to them commit another an injure our player we’d be home & dry right now have more points & City & Arsenal would likely have fewer and have given up the ghost

Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Give it a rest.
    Nope fed up of the bent officiating we WERE robbed of 3 points v Spurs & 2 each v City & Arsenal

Liverpool P35 PTS 82 GD +43
    City P34 PTS 78 GD +49
    Arsenal P35 PTS 77 GD +52

City would be closing right in now, but we’d not have lost so much confidence & form had we had the points in the bag we should have had when we suffered set backs As confidence plays such a huge part we might have slipped up less or not at all & the other 2 may have fucked up more with us having what should have been an 8 point lead

Liverpool P34 PTS 81 GD +45
    Arsenal P34 PTS 76 GD +52
    City P32 PTS 73 GD +43

Without the bent officiating costing us points in the Spurs game away & Arsenal & City games at Anfield & injuries at Brentford & v Chelsea letting bad ones go for the same player to them commit another an injure our player we’d be home & dry right now have more points & City & Arsenal would likely have fewer and have given up the ghost
    we were robbed a win at West-ham..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century