Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: We need to go from doubters to believers, again…

My take on football is nothing like Thiago what a shit waste of a first team squad place he has been not a patch on agini without the ball or with it

And my man Mac is wanted pre World Cup based on his Brighton performances has got more goals and assists in less than a season that Thiago has managed in his entire Liverpool career

You live in this fantasy world in which all teams should play passing styles like it’s the 70’s & have zero appreciation of the need for balance of steak & sizzle in any sports team, the importance of astute positioning in a press & counter press system & that going direct is t a bad thing “It’s not about the short ball or the long ball it’s about the right ball” as someone once said, as in play the fucking thing when it’s on, all the fanning about making needless passes you love so much instead of playing the right ball when it’s on is what has fucked our forwards up

Oh Mac has proven to be more than decent - but dearest 19

When he can play in a side that does:
    36 games

93 points from 108

36 games
    29 wins
    6 draws
    1 loss

with 10 of those games minus any senior CB or the club captain... then we can talk.

I realise that Thiago gets under your skin, just as our form did this season after Hendo took the Petrodollers.. but that's your issue mate. YOu are going to have to get over it.. Poor thing

Thiago 2 goals & 4 assists in four seasons Hah laughable man

3 of those ‘assists’ were of thr give it to a player with a rudimentary nothing short pass who takes it on himself & bags a beauty variety too

2 goals & 1 genuine assist in FOUR seasons what a shit awful disaster attempt at evolution & a waste of 250k a week he has been At least Naby contributed to winning top trophies for us

^ I rest my case ^

Case you don’t have a leg to stand on and continue to embarrass yourself championing a show pony who was an absolutely shit signing for this club & almost certainly prevented us winning more top silverware

Give it up Thiago was a fucking shite signing

With the forwards Thiago got the honour & privilege of playing with at the top of their game rather than what Mac has to work with my man Mac would likely be on 10 plus assists & at least 5 goals

See the comparing of apples with apples? Mac was bought to provide the same thing Thiago was bought to provide & look at the difference Mac’s miles better without the ball than Thiago too just so many levels above old show pony

Yes - you are right... Just as right about Thiago being a shit signing (x2 I think it is above ) as you were about him playing in all those games that he didn't actually play in And As you claim he was in fact Wijnaldum's replacement despite both being here during the title defence season and totally different in style and composition..

The best managers and players in the world who all rate him as one of the best midfielders on the planet are obviously totally wrong, and should take their cues from you.

The same guy who wonders why we changed things from last season when our form was worse than it was this season.

As for apples with apples - we could try that - OR - how about comparing Fruit Cakes with Fruit Cakes.

Back in the real world - we are all devastated by his ridiculous fitness record BUT this was a known problem with him from Spain and the Bundesliga.. begs the question WHY sign a player like that and use him as we did? Regardless - none of it has anything to do with the quality of the player and those of us who saw him on the pitch in a Liverpool shirt know - we know that - when fit - he was far and away our best midfielder.. YOu probably think it was Jordan

He was bought to provide goals & assists & be another player able to release the forwards he didn’t provide any of that & frequently left a Gini shaped hole when we were defending

Go round in circles as much a you like he was a shit signing

Even my man Gravel has more goals & assists in his first season all comps than Thiago ever managed for us And he’s nowhere near the levels he’s capable of yet