Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: We need to go from doubters to believers, again…

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Even my man Gravel has more goals & assists in his first season all comps than Thiago ever managed for us And he’s nowhere near the levels he’s capable of yet
    Oh yes - Much better player than Thiago.

😜

😜

If only there was a single thread where these two 🤡s could argue about Thiago instead of spamming every thread on the forum.

I have responded to posts BUT there is only one individual continually bringing up Thiago on almost every thread no matter how abstract.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have responded to posts BUT there is only one individual continually bringing up Thiago on almost every thread no matter how abstract.
    Thiago is without doubt a Rolls Royce of a player, that cannot be questioned, but his inability to remain fit, has certainly handicapped his tenure.

It could be argued that Klopp clearly wanted to transition from what was a workmanlike high tempo, but very effective midfield, to a more controlled approach because maybe looking back, he realised that his existing midfield had a very limited shelf life, and so maybe the Thiago signing was the first step to create a new style blueprint of the type of midfielder he wanted his new team to have going forward.

Thiago’s first year @ LFC in the Premier League, was always going to be a difficult transition, especially going from an ultra dominant Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga to a new league that is quicker and far more competitive, especially to a team and a style of play that it could be argued didn’t really play to his strengths.

Thiago’s second year was a far better measure of his talents and he played an integral part in a very effective midfield that was so close, just 2 results away, from achieving a magnificent Quadruple that year.

We all agree that last season was a complete shit show because our whole midfield, seemed to pay the price for the previous seasons efforts, as they all seemed to fail en-masse and Thiago, in his defence, was probably one of the better ones of bad bunch, before he once again succumbed to injury.

Unfortunately for Thiago, this season is a complete write off, so unfortunately on reflection and with hindsight his signing of 4 years ago, hasn’t really worked out for both parties.

However, like I said right at the very start, a fit Thiago is world class and to describe him as any thing else is imho completely wrong, but maybe Thiago’s signing and his subsequent impact on the team, convinced Klopp to prefer the more cultured signings of the likes of Macca, Dom and Gravenberch, rather than the more high energy, high tempo combative midfielder that we have relied on in the past, but ultimately who just kept coming up short in our battles with Man City.

I'm amazed anyone can blame a player who's been hardly fit for Jurgens lack of trophies.
    Maybe if big Ali had been fit every week we could've won more.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Thiago is without doubt a Rolls Royce of a player, that cannot be questioned, but his inability to remain fit, has certainly handicapped his tenure.

It could be argued that Klopp clearly wanted to transition from what was a workmanlike high tempo, but very effective midfield, to a more controlled approach because maybe looking back, he realised that his existing midfield had a very limited shelf life, and so maybe the Thiago signing was the first step to create a new style blueprint of the type of midfielder he wanted his new team to have going forward.

Thiago’s first year @ LFC in the Premier League, was always going to be a difficult transition, especially going from an ultra dominant Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga to a new league that is quicker and far more competitive, especially to a team and a style of play that it could be argued didn’t really play to his strengths.

Thiago’s second year was a far better measure of his talents and he played an integral part in a very effective midfield that was so close, just 2 results away, from achieving a magnificent Quadruple that year.

We all agree that last season was a complete shit show because our whole midfield, seemed to pay the price for the previous seasons efforts, as they all seemed to fail en-masse and Thiago, in his defence, was probably one of the better ones of bad bunch, before he once again succumbed to injury.

Unfortunately for Thiago, this season is a complete write off, so unfortunately on reflection and with hindsight his signing of 4 years ago, hasn’t really worked out for both parties.

However, like I said right at the very start, a fit Thiago is world class and to describe him as any thing else is imho completely wrong, but maybe Thiago’s signing and his subsequent impact on the team, convinced Klopp to prefer the more cultured signings of the likes of Macca, Dom and Gravenberch, rather than the more high energy, high tempo combative midfielder that we have relied on in the past, but ultimately who just kept coming up short in our battles with Man City.
    Correct.. And something I said when we bought him. Klopp needed to make that transition to the next level - sadly - One Thiago was never going to be enough. Had a player like MacAllister been here at the same time it would have helped enormously. but that wasn't to be.

For me Thiago was always too little too late. A player with a poor injury record in Spain and Germany is a huge risk in the Premier league ESPECIALLY one at almost 30. We need that level of player in his prime and preferably one less prone to injury.

That's the market we have generally operated in since spending the Coutinho dosh on the bees knees... Good quality young potential prospects OR in rarer cases players who are approaching the twilight of their careers.

When Klopp spoke about wanting to take a few more risks - Thiago would definitely be in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm amazed anyone can blame a player who's been hardly fit for Jurgens lack of trophies.
    Maybe if big Ali had been fit every week we could've won more.
    teams such a joke with injurys..... i thought things would get better after ox and keita went.,,,,, Haha

that much of a joke, even our gk must be the most injury prone in the world
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I can barely remember a meaningful top quality pass that has led to a goal or assist by Thiago in his entire time here because there are hardly any, looking like a Rolls Royce but performing like a Morris Minor just doesn’t cut it I’m afraid

It is entirely deserving of the “All fur coat and no knickers” tag that most accurately describes his time and performances at LFC

Yeah..👍