Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Atalanta

if you don't laugh you'll cry...... i expect us to beat palace at least.

big win at home against the mighty palace 2-1 and we're going to win everything again.......

We'll beat palace, get your hopes up and drop pts in the next away games

how have we chance playing like this with the front 3? and constant fuck up's at the back

we miss allison bigtime..... people overrate keheller great keeper but he's not all that, has mistakes in him and concedes easy goals.

I'm sure salah willl suddenly be salah again and score 3, nunez will score 6 and even Diaz might score one, who knows we might not even lose the ball and give away a goal for once #Believe
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Bad day at the office....hopefully that's a wake up call for the rest of the season.

Also ...what's the coup with their manager....he got some average players to really give us a thrashing in every area of the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Also ...what's the coup with their manager....he got some average players to really give us a thrashing in every area of the pitch
    I'm curious if they aim for "same again" at the Bergamo.

As delighted as they will be with that 3-0 win, they'll not forget us beating them 5-0 at their place.

They could come at us all-guns-blazing for the first 20 to kill it off, or could try to play keep-ball / sit low to get us disheartened early doors.

Rather be in their shoes than ours in this tie, needless to say - but they won't underestimate us.

Well done sid, you'd rather be 3-0 up than 3-0 down, no wonder you think nunez is a top player and a player to bring us titles, yeah...... ok.

thanks for that insight.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Did you watch Ancelotti at the BS? Klopp doesn't do too well (by his high standards at least) against Italian Managers and teams. The Blitzkrieg game has its limitations. A surgical and incisice side with decent technique can give it a very bloody nose.

Boy has Klopp's style worked for us during his tenure and is probably the only way we are competing for the big prizes as often as we have. Jurgen himself recognised its limitations though - he tried to get to the next level but the funds were never there.

won 1 in 6 in the league..... 2 draws 3 defeats no excuse for last night, west ham would have probably battered em.....

we was all happy with the draw, oops.
    #FSGOUT

As for the atmosphere, I didn’t think it was that bad, I’ve experienced worse, but… it’s a two way street. We feed off the team and vice versa. They gave us nothing last night to feed off; absolutely nothing. The protest wasn’t a factor in my opinion. We and the players just never got going. Atalanta did a good job of shutting up the crowd.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm curious if they aim for "same again" at the Bergamo.

As delighted as they will be with that 3-0 win, they'll not forget us beating them 5-0 at their place.

They could come at us all-guns-blazing for the first 20 to kill it off, or could try to play keep-ball / sit low to get us disheartened early doors.

Rather be in their shoes than ours in this tie, needless to say - but they won't underestimate us.
    Sounds crazy but I don't think the tie is over.
    If we can score early and have a game where we click we could easily give them a hiding. It's obviously a long shot but we are one of a few teams who'd be given that chance.
    In the unlikely event we were to go through and actually make the final I would worry about us if it were against Leverkusen. I wouldn't fancy us at all, we all love Klopp but his Euro final record against tactical managers isn't great at all.

Klopp has always struggled against Italian sides but we used to just be able to release Mo or Mane with our switches long diagonals or balls over the top but we’ve dropped all that

We’re not playing Blitzkrieg as Steven calls it, we’re trying to be the all singing all dancing tappy crappy side he has always longed for, and on last night’s performance it appears it’s much easier to nullify & has far more limitations that the Blitzkrieg we once employed

It’s why City ditched how they played in 19-20 & implemented a lot of the Blitzkrieg elements into their game