Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    It barely matters. City aren't dropping points, unless they get distracted by the CL. I just want to make sure we don't end up 4th.
    I would normally be full of expectation that we'd win all these, but not since April.
    4th? We're 8 points ahead of Villa with a game in hand. I don't think there's much chance at all of that happening.

I see Jurgen is saying Macca and Endo have been playing too much..but we have no one to really take their place.if it wasnt for the facts hes allowed the likes of Thiago to play 10 minutes in an entire year. we may have had cover. but favouritism comes into it
    This isnt a dig at Klopp. i wish he was staying. but he does have his favourites and is often blindsided by that. take Elliot. he'll never be more than average.I don't want average players at LFC.
    I know this is where people come in and defend Elliot. and i know hes only young. but his record for assists and goals. is not very good at all
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We should NEVER have bought sicknote Thiago

How different things would have been had he bought a Mac type who can do all the things our functional midfielders do but has more in the locker to create in different way instead of wasting 3 seasons on his Thiago fantasy & if he’s replaced Fab with an actual DM

Love Jurgen but he fucked the supposed evolution up big style 18-20 was our peak under him & we’ve not evolved since then

The point with the mids was that they were able to do everything our mids already did AND offer a bit more creativity Thiago offered neither

Yea if only our Jurgen had your insight eh.

Maybe he was listening to you about Enzo and got the letters and the season wrong - ended up with Endo.. DOH

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We should NEVER have bought sicknote Thiago

How different things would have been had he bought a Mac type who can do all the things our functional midfielders do but has more in the locker to create in different way instead of wasting 3 seasons on his Thiago fantasy & if he’s replaced Fab with an actual DM

Love Jurgen but he fucked the supposed evolution up big style 18-20 was our peak under him & we’ve not evolved since then

The point with the mids was that they were able to do everything our mids already did AND offer a bit more creativity Thiago offered neither
    You've never mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I see Jurgen is saying Macca and Endo have been playing too much..but we have no one to really take their place.if it wasnt for the facts hes allowed the likes of Thiago to play 10 minutes in an entire year. we may have had cover. but favouritism comes into it
    This isnt a dig at Klopp. i wish he was staying. but he does have his favourites and is often blindsided by that. take Elliot. he'll never be more than average.I don't want average players at LFC.
    I know this is where people come in and defend Elliot. and i know hes only young. but his record for assists and goals. is not very good at all
    We are allowed to change the formation and selection under the rules.
    It's one of my frustrations over the past few years, that we don't adapt our setup to maximise what is at our disposal.

Not long now until we are rid of Klopp and all his mistakes and fuck ups.

Yep - Clueless aint he. Everything we won just a fluke of tactics

A bit of perspective is required right now, if we had scored 2 of the four absolute sitters we created on Sunday against Palace, we would be sitting pretty at the top of the league right now, one poor result at home shouldnt mean that the rails have completely come off our challenge for the title… despite the fact thats how it feels right now.

Unfortunately, the Atalanta performance aside, we have been performing easily well enough to beat the likes of Man City, we should have beaten Utd twice at Old Trafford, and we certainly should have beaten Palace, but our profligacy in front of goal has really cost us dear.

In any other league, we wouldn’t be too worried, but City are just a machine and ours and Arsenal’s result on Sunday has just allowed City in…and every one knows thats probably going to be fatal for both us and Arsenal.

All we can do now is brush ourselves down and come out fighting, this certainly isn't the time for this Liverpool squad to start feeling sorry for themselves, they need the mentality monsters we all know is within them, to re-emerge and make one last push for the line…what better way to start than over in Italy.

Everyone believes we are out, so in effect we have a free hit on Thursday…so lets just give it everything we have got and see what happens, can you imagine the lift that could give the squad for the remainder of the season if we actually pulled it off…

Also if this match does prove to to be Klopps last European match, surely its better we die trying than his last match being a really damp squib, he bloody deserves better than that…

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You've never mentioned it.
    I know, I’ve shown incredible restraint