Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Hard to know where to start after that. After Thursday, I genuinely expected a positive outcome against Palace. I’m just dumbfounded by what I saw. We played with the urgency and desire of a team finishing comfortably mid table. We’re not beating Spurs and Everton if we carry on like this.

When Jurgen announced he was leaving, I got some criticism on here for being a bit pessimistic about next season. I was basically told that we have an amazing squad, and there was nothing to worry about.

I’m even more convinced that there’s a good chance we won’t get top four no matter who comes in.
    You’ve clearly been to enough games and you have seen it. We’ve been grifting results - we did that plenty of times the season we won the title too - BUT - key difference was, we had that prime Salah - Mané - Bobby front line that clicked into gear again within a game or 2 and just took us away from teams.

We have been massively punching this season through every stage. It’s caught up with us and now we are where we were. Injury after injury suffered most likely from chasing so many games.

Midfield has had to carry us at times - something we rarely needed with the Fab 3 and both wing backs bombing on - but they have nothing left in their legs.

It’s a remarkable achievement to be where we are with this group of players but those kidding themselves that the club is in amazing place - well imo they have been dazed by Jurgen’s Brilliance.

anyone else fed up at the scenario we are in right now?id rather lose all 6 remaining games than go to the last 2 games knowing we had a massive chance and blew it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    anyone else fed up at the scenario we are in right now?id rather lose all 6 remaining games than go to the last 2 games knowing we had a massive chance and blew it
    Yes and no.

Yes, it's very frustrating that it was in our hands up until very recently and we haven't capitalised. Can understand any despondent feelings Reds are having right now as we watch Klopp's last games as our Manager fall short of what we owe him and our chances of a title get slimmer.

No, in the sense that we have become a bit desensitised to having to get around 90 points or more just to have a CHANCE of winning a title, which isn't how it should be. The landscape has been changed by 115 FC to the wider detriment of the game, which Arsenal fans are hopefully realising and the wider fanbase may begin to catch hold of if there ends up being a "Double Treble" come the end of the season. Title races are meant to have blips and wobbles like what ourselves and Arsenal have experienced - twists and turns are part of it - but Man City have made it that these will always be punished. If you remove them from the equation then ourselves and Arsenal would be in a genuinely exhilarating "race" that would be nail-biting for us and fascinating for a neutral. Instead it feels predictable.

I will say too that there are always worse scenarios. Our maximum finish now if we won our remaining 6 (2 wins in our last 5 suggests not, but still) would be 89 points and if Man City were to win 5 but draw one they'd finish on 89 as well. It would be an absolute mother of a kick to the balls if we suddenly start winning due to the pressure seemingly being off and ended up losing out on goal difference.

As it is, I just want a good performance in the first half at the Bergamo and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yes and no.

Yes, it's very frustrating that it was in our hands up until very recently and we haven't capitalised. Can understand any despondent feelings Reds are having right now as we watch Klopp's last games as our Manager fall short of what we owe him and our chances of a title get slimmer.

No, in the sense that we have become a bit desensitised to having to get around 90 points or more just to have a CHANCE of winning a title, which isn't how it should be. The landscape has been changed by 115 FC to the wider detriment of the game, which Arsenal fans are hopefully realising and the wider fanbase may begin to catch hold of if there ends up being a "Double Treble" come the end of the season. Title races are meant to have blips and wobbles like what ourselves and Arsenal have experienced - twists and turns are part of it - but Man City have made it that these will always be punished. If you remove them from the equation then ourselves and Arsenal would be in a genuinely exhilarating "race" that would be nail-biting for us and fascinating for a neutral. Instead it feels predictable.

I will say too that there are always worse scenarios. Our maximum finish now if we won our remaining 6 (2 wins in our last 5 suggests not, but still) would be 89 points and if Man City were to win 5 but draw one they'd finish on 89 as well. It would be an absolute mother of a kick to the balls if we suddenly start winning due to the pressure seemingly being off and ended up losing out on goal difference.

As it is, I just want a good performance in the first half at the Bergamo and see what happens.
    yes and no, says it all really, i think its an horrid feeling

Spoken lik a true glory hunter. Support your team till the end.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

I'm liking the fact you think we're good enough to still be in it with 2 games to go. 🤣🤣

we will again im sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You’ve clearly been to enough games and you have seen it. We’ve been grifting results - we did that plenty of times the season we won the title too - BUT - key difference was, we had that prime Salah - Mané - Bobby front line that clicked into gear again within a game or 2 and just took us away from teams.

We have been massively punching this season through every stage. It’s caught up with us and now we are where we were. Injury after injury suffered most likely from chasing so many games.

Midfield has had to carry us at times - something we rarely needed with the Fab 3 and both wing backs bombing on - but they have nothing left in their legs.

It’s a remarkable achievement to be where we are with this group of players but those kidding themselves that the club is in amazing place - well imo they have been dazed by Jurgen’s Brilliance.
    I have to agree with this , the difference was some of the players we had at that time were genuine world class and were on fire , that front 3 being the difference behind an amazing and industrious midfield 3 who were drilled into playing the perfect through balls that released a prime salah and mane , this cut teams to absolute ribbons , and we weren’t wasteful we were clinical .
    Fast forward to now with McAllister being an exception the midfield is average , and the front 3 are nowhere near as good , salah has dropped off about twenty percent , Nunez is the most wasteful striker I’ve seen , it culminates in results like yesterday , a real shame .

yes and no, says it all really, i think its an horrid feeling
    Holds very little weight when you say things like -

I'd rather lose all 6 remaining games than go to the last 2 games knowing we had a massive chance and blew it
    Amazing how easy it is to take someone's point and form a narrative, isn't it?

Or, alternatively, rather than choose to engage in a wry quip game of one-upmanship, we could speak like adults. You know perfectly well I am not pleased with the situation, just as I know perfectly well no Red, yourself included wants us to lose our next 6 games.

If you disagree with someone on here and have nothing to add, just scroll past. You're intelligent enough to contribute good posts on here, so there's little point in being reductive or playing yourself.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I’m fed up of the scenario of corrupt FAPGMOL & that we should still be top of the league with a six point cushion right now & that we’d almost certainly be in much better form and confidence as a result & City & Arse likely would have dropped more points already by now because of the lead we should have had