Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atalanta second keg

As far as I can see - The last few posts exhibit perfectly why there have been zero English managers to win a Premier league - OR any major league for that matter across Europe.

Focussing literally on instances or passages of play rather than the overall quality and technique of the player - the short pass - ability to retain possession without just passing the buck Hendo style.

..Not one…

A love of the rather primitive AngloSaxon/Celtic/Nordic philosophy that simply doesn’t perform well at the highest level.

To watch but not see

It is astounding that so many managers placed in and around what is deemed the biggest and best league in world football - and we are still waiting for a single winner inside - what is it - 40 years…?

I think we should play a second 11.. the leagues not done yet.. City still have a couple of tricky fixtures and so do Arsenal
    But no doubt we will go in strong, lose 2/3 on agg then fail to win at the weekend.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I really don’t k ow what to do. Title still t fight for but IF we manage a 3 goal lead in 90 minutes in Bergamo - we have a great chance to win the cup.

Just a horrible situation for Klopp

I can see Klopp putting out a strong side.

He (and we) will be hoping he can stir up one of those crazy 20mins we have from time to time.

If we gte the first goal anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I really don’t k ow what to do. Title still t fight for but IF we manage a 3 goal lead in 90 minutes in Bergamo - we have a great chance to win the cup.

Just a horrible situation for Klopp
    We're not favourites in the Europa or in the League so in some ways the pressure is off in both.

I'd field a strong side tonight, perhaps with a youngster like Danns who is absolutely desperate to be there and possibly set the tone in terms of energy/desire and I'd ensure we have at least one player in midfield who can turn and get it forward. Whilst he isn't our "best" midfielder by any stretch I actually think Gravenberch may be a good fit for the job at hand - receive the ball in a pocket, turn, release it to the forwards.

The key to tomorrow night is to score first, ideally early - putting Atalanta in the awkward spot of indecision where they are unsure whether to "stick or twist" - that's where we can get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We're not favourites in the Europa or in the League so in some ways the pressure is off in both.

I'd field a strong side tonight, perhaps with a youngster like Danns who is absolutely desperate to be there and possibly set the tone in terms of energy/desire and I'd ensure we have at least one player in midfield who can turn and get it forward. Whilst he isn't our "best" midfielder by any stretch I actually think Gravenberch may be a good fit for the job at hand - receive the ball in a pocket, turn, release it to the forwards.

The key to tomorrow night is to score first, ideally early - putting Atalanta in the awkward spot of indecision where they are unsure whether to "stick or twist" - that's where we can get them.
    Probably about right tbf.

Kelleher
    Trent
    Quansah
    Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Endo
    Szoboslai
    Jones
    Salah
    Gakpo
    Diaz

Macalister needs a rest, Jota shouldn't be rushed to start. This is one of those games you have nothing to lose but also don't have to go guns blazing from minute 1, it is a tie that you should just play as normal and see how it goes. A 1-0 half time lead will make them nervous, So we just need to get 4 goals anytime of the 94 minutes. if we don't then okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Probably about right tbf.
    Well, we will see.

I would add as well that we have more chance of winning the League if we have a confidence-boosting, "Liverpool miracle" turn-around on Thursday as it would have a galvanising effect on the lads for the run-in, so I'd rather "go for it" than rest people for a League challenge that is out of our hands.

In the League we're relying on two sides messing up - Man City in terms of points and Arsenal in terms of points and/or goal difference.

In Europe we are an excellent 90-120 minutes away from having the outcome of the Europa League in our own hands.

Plus, realistically, it's (probably) Klopp's last European match as Liverpool manager (awful thing to acknowledge) so as Theoden said - "if this is to be our end, then I would have it be SUCH an end as to be worthy of remembrance".

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I can see Klopp putting out a strong side.

He (and we) will be hoping he can stir up one of those crazy 20mins we have from time to time.

If we gte the first goal anything could happen.
    We're more than capable of pulling it off, get a goal inside the first 20 minutes and take it from there.

🤡 Listen up clowns 🤡

This is an easy decision. We ur in wi' a chance o' winnin' 2 competitions. Play th' strongest team in each.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.