Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Atalanta v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Atalantas game management 2nd half was brilliant. We never tested their keeper.
    For what it's worth I hope they go on and win it. It'll be a great story for a club that haven't won much if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t care how they do it in Germany, telling everyone you’re leaving mid season is nuts.
    We are now playing how I thought we would when it was announced
    It was always going to be difficult whichever way it happened. I genuinely think it was getting leaked and that's why it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    To be fair Ferguson never had an equal with a blank cheque book. There's been a lot of very unfortunate circumstances that should have seen him clean up.
    One of the things that make him such a wonderful person is that he's probably not even the slightest bit bitter about that.

He has got players to do the impossible there's no doubt, that's probably the main reason we love him so much.
    Klopp is one of the greatest Managers of all time in my view. He lifted us out of the gutter, he is just unlucky 3 CL final losses, 2 I feel Liverpool could have won, 1 definitely should have. He has competed with ordinary players and had us in 4 title challenges that is amazing. I pray to God we win this league title the man deserves one more title

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It was always going to be difficult whichever way it happened. I genuinely think it was getting leaked and that's why it was announced.
    By telling everyone I mean the players and he had already told them

West Ham knocked out tonight as well. It’s been a good couple of days for the best league in the world.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    By telling everyone I mean the players and he had already told them
    It was going great for quite a while though. It's just the last few weeks it's gone to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well at least I can answer a question.

Run into the ground over previous seasons and too much mileage under Klopp considered.
    Salah, Trent, Robbo, Virgil

Others available tonight:
    Diaz, Núñez, Gakpo, Jota, Elliott, Jones, MacA, Endo, Gravenberch, Sobozla, Konate, Tsimi, Gomez, Quansah, Alisson.

Maybe Klopps the only manager playing 100 million miles an hour 🤔

Maybe try blaming the Net spend for atalanta doing us tactically over 2 legs
    Your question is what exactly? Try asking in English - be direct and clear…

And our net spend IS imo why Klopp has had to ask more from players than is humanly possible.

This is one of the most realistic explanations as to why we have had so many first team players missing games across 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Unbelievable achievement but with one arm tied behind his back. Spinning plates to mask the detritus cause by the owners who frankly owe him everything,

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Klopp is one of the greatest Managers of all time in my view. He lifted us out of the gutter, he is just unlucky 3 CL final losses, 2 I feel Liverpool could have won, 1 definitely should have. He has competed with ordinary players and had us in 4 title challenges that is amazing. I pray to God we win this league title the man deserves one more title
    I agree Hlogi. It's just such a shame how this season is planning out. It could be different but we all know that's a fantasy.
    He deserves so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    West Ham knocked out tonight as well. It’s been a good couple of days for the best league in the world.
    I heard some are comparing Bellingham to Zidane. 😜 😜

Honest. Saw a clip from Talkshyte

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So what has been causing successive injury crisis.

This is the problem that needs an answer.

injury Crisis. in 2020/21
    no injury crisis 2021/22 almost a quad
    Injury Crisis in 2022/23
    Injury Crisis in 2023/24

Something is happening and it needs explanation
    I said "fair" because I agree and can see where the poster is coming from. Injuries this season Macalister was out because of the nature of the tackle, that goes for Jota, Jones as well. Konate is made of biscuits. Mo sustained a hamstring during afcon but one can argue overplayed but one can also say footballers are getting more injured because of amount of games played. Trent not sure was it knee so also can't remember was it cause of knock in the game. Alisson as the keeper don't think his injury is due to pressing.

Also if you would see my comment not as a attack but opinion, I don't feel we are as high pressing team as we were, firstly we have the ball almost 2/3 of the match which ,eans we have lots of rest defence as they call it. Yes the team works hard but doesn't try to force turnovers as the Mane/Ox/Lllalana/Firmino/Robbo/Hendo brigade.

Lastly most of the team that started don't think they have been permanent fixtures for 2+ seasons.