Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Atalanta v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Atalantas game management 2nd half was brilliant. We never tested their keeper.
    über - Italian.

Perfect example of closing a superior team down.
    To be used to close a game down.
    Full marks to Atalanta.
    We did try to break the press first half hour, but the passing and control let us down. We were technically poor, but our lack of side to side movement as the game progressed made Ali our main out ball.
    If we had more space (being in space) , the game was there for the taking (but only if our finishing was good)
    Poor movement , poor first touch, poor weight of pass and not being able to turn out of the close marking.
    We needed a plan A, B and C. Harum scarum scrambling play has worked before but not over the two legs.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Exactly, our movement up top needed to be a lot better as well.

In a set up like Atalanta had tonight, I think 19x is right in that we should have been hitting the line a lot more and getting them to turn.

We kept trying to ay through the midfield press, and we hadn't a clue how to. Mainly because we don't normally come up against that.

I worry for the next few weeks. We look like we are lacking energy. We used to out work everyone. Now everyone out works us.
    i fucking despise inverted fullback crap. All you do is put another person in midfield and also attracting more traffic into that area. This revolution of football is so easy to defend against and also to punish, it is stupid, you negate width, Managers have forgotten you also score with crosses into the box.

I also hate this 70+ possesion for the sake of possesion and your CB and goalkeeper actually touch the ball the most, that is ineffective, it is controlled but i rather play it into channels down the line or up to the striker and then play with the 2nd ball. You need to have the absolute best world class midfield players to be able to hold the ball and punish teams, we pass sideways even more than Henderson in his last days here

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He got us to consistently over achieve. That’s why the neutrals class him up there with Fergy despite the notable difference in dominance. They appreciate it even if our non match going experts don’t
    To be fair Ferguson never had an equal with a blank cheque book. There's been a lot of very unfortunate circumstances that should have seen him clean up.
    One of the things that make him such a wonderful person is that he's probably not even the slightest bit bitter about that.

He has got players to do the impossible there's no doubt,that's probably the main reason we love him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What in the living fook are you on about?

Seriously though - don’t bore us to death with an answer.
    Well at least I can answer a question.

Run into the ground over previous seasons and too much mileage under Klopp considered.
    Salah, Trent, Robbo, Virgil

Others available tonight:
    Diaz, Núñez, Gakpo, Jota, Elliott, Jones, MacA, Endo, Gravenberch, Sobozla, Konate, Tsimi, Gomez, Quansah, Alisson.

Maybe Klopps the only manager playing 100 million miles an hour 🤔

Maybe try blaming the Net spend for atalanta doing us tactically over 2 legs

One thing I can say of Klopp he is not good at subs, either man for man keeping formation or adjusting formation. He is not the greatest tactician when a plan B or C is required. Klopp is more let's win this way and let us work freaking hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Klopp should just play the kids for the rest of the season.

They at least, have earned it.

The rest of the veterans and starters have just been unbearably disappointing - partcicularly in these last several games since the ManUre FA Cup surrender.

-Mo can get an early start on packing for his big Saudi contract.....
    -Slowbo can just sod off to wherever......I still can't decide who between him and Gakpo have been the bigger disappointments this season....
    -Trent can do more Press and big himself up even more for an England starter's spot,....
    -Diaz can sod off early to PSG or Barca or whichever club thinks he's worth the punt....
    -Darwin we can't get rid of because of his big contract and price tag, so we're stuck with him...
    -Robbo,....sorry to say,....but time to call time on his career here....

..and anyone else who thinks they should be here next season maybe might want to consider showing why they deserve the chance in these last couple of games.
    They should have been given some time tonight.
    We needed goals and some of the regulars were lacking.
    Nothing to lose by throwing everything at it.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    This is fair, most of this starting 11 are not part of the geggenpress Liverpool. Once Thiago came don't feel we actually have been that incessant pressing team, we press in periods. Klopp could have had more trophies in his time here and deserves more, feel he is one of the unluckiest man in football (Karius 2018, Courtouis or attackers not finishing 2022, 2 second place finishes with 92+ pts, for any other time he could have left as one of the most succesful CL Managers and also could ahve had maybe 2 or 3 PL titles. Feel sad for the guy
    So what has been causing successive injury crisis.

This is the problem that needs an answer.

injury Crisis. in 2020/21
    no injury crisis 2021/22 almost a quad
    Injury Crisis in 2022/23
    Injury Crisis in 2023/24

Something is happening and it needs explanation

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    i fucking despise inverted fullback crap. All you do is put another person in midfield and also attracting more traffic into that area. This revolution of football is so easy to defend against and also to punish, it is stupid, you negate width, Managers have forgotten you also score with crosses into the box.

I also hate this 70+ possesion for the sake of possesion and your CB and goalkeeper actually touch the ball the most, that is ineffective, it is controlled but i rather play it into channels down the line or up to the striker and then play with the 2nd ball. You need to have the absolute best world class midfield players to be able to hold the ball and punish teams, we pass sideways even more than Henderson in his last days here
    Ya our over playing at the back is mental at times. What I liked against Palace was Konate was firing the ball into the midfield or forwards. He did a few times. It got us on the front foot. Didn't see it tonight.

A mixture of the early helter skelter days and then the possession at the back would be good. But the helter skelter days are long gone.

Don’t care how they do it in Germany, telling everyone you’re leaving mid season is nuts.
    We are now playing how I thought we would when it was announced