Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Fulham v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It’s not even an assist in the true sense & the first ball is to open the play up & change the angle of attack not an attempted assist

I’ve seen you Steveo & others say several times over the years in match threads that something’s ‘not really an assist’, because it’s what the recipient does that’s outstanding that makes the goal having received a normal big standard ball in a position most players aren’t going to quickly get themselves half a yard & fire home a beautiful side footed drive

I used to comment on goals the individual made for themselves out of what in reality was nothing, not even a chance when they received it bigging up the player who passed it for their assist especially if it was someone you didn’t like Bobby Hendo Gini or someone like that, just so you would say how it wasn’t really an assist but then it was if it was Thiago in the same situation, although that did rarely ever happened

Perhaps it wasn’t done in the nicest of ways BUT you were asked by Justin to stop farting out of every orifice….and here you are continuing the fashion

“it’s not even an assist in the true sense”

A few things:

You just keep telling yourself that 19 - stick to it and believe it. Even you might believe it one day.

Even IF you can’t bring yourself to credit Harvey with the assist wink 😜 that everyone else does - at least admit it was very good play - without which there is no goal.

And yes - the ball out to Gakpo IS INDEED to open the play up - namely for a forward - one capable of ball control and interested in actually scoring goals - to run on quicker, get a better touch & score or assist another. None of which Gakpo did - despite being found in an ocean of space he managed t take an age to miss control and lose the ball.

Again - Elliot intercepts and plays the ball to Gravenberch - who according to your logic must have made an “outstanding” strike…to negate the assist from Harvey 😧

For me it’s a beautiful pass of the ball into the far side of the goal ….the kind of strike we should be making far more often in games. 24 feet by 8 a Premier League goal is. Some of our forwards need to take note.

As for the other stuff - it’s not farting so much as full force Diarrhea.

I mean Gini was one of my absolute favourite players EVER under Klopp - as was Bobby - 2 players who - when fit - would be first on my team sheet.

You’re such a muppet don’t you DARE try & lecture me for stating things EXACTLY as you have stated them & haven’t been alone in doing Therr have been match threads in which you have disputed the validity of assists in the past from Hendo Bobby & others you didn’t like at the time that were of the exact same nature as Elliott’s

I’m taking the ouss out of you with the post in the first place you’re really not the brightest sitting in your self appointed throne of know nothingness consistently being every bit as hypocritical as the Pharisees

You think I do the same & will say so, I’ve ALWAYS done it to take the piss out of you, ALWAYS, for years & you’re so wrapped up in your self importance you e never ever got that

I remember when you & Kev had it in for Bobby big time in the Jota/Bobby thing you had going on, despite Jota not ever being in the game or contributing unless he scored at that point in his time with us

Come back & lie some more try & deny it you know you did it you’re the Rishi Sunak of this forum

More farting - more diarrhea AND now the puerile, personal insults thrown in... And you remember very very poorly.

IF you are referring to when Jota was being held (wrongly in my estimation) in reserve up top for a woefully out of form and not fully fit - totally EXHAUSTED Bobby - then you are even more full of nuts than I thought before.

Bobby was one of my absolute favourites from this entire era - as I said repeatedly - 2 or 3 players like that in a team and nobody beats you. Ditto Wijnaldum..

But do carry on with your imagination..

Such a shame 19 - such a shame.

It’s not an insult it’s how you are but don’t know, if you think that’s an insult maybe look at changing those things you do

I got the whole denying of a legitimate assist from you! It’s where it came from & why I always did it after that, it started seasons ago with one of Hendo’s many assists you were vehement wasn't a real assist, I just found it so ridiculous I always used it as a form of banter & you always bit whether I massively overegged an assist from a player you didn’t like or downplayed one of a player you did in the way you do

It’s not an insult it’s how you are but don’t know, if you think that’s an insult maybe look at changing those things you do

I got the whole denying of a legitimate assist from you! It’s where it came from & why I always did it after that, it started seasons ago with one of Hendo’s many assists you were vehement wasn't a real assist, I just found it so ridiculous I always used it as a form of banter & you always bit whether I massively overegged an assist from a player you didn’t like or downplayed one of a player you did in the way you do
    You are missing the point totally and conflating the issue.

Elliotts assist in and of itself - IS a simple pass - routine you would expect any player to make - like any simple pass it could be on its own OR at the end of beating 7 men and playing to another to score from..

In this case it's coming after Elliot's well timed and placed ball to a forward in space BUT who loses possession - Elliott then wins the ball back before the simple routine ball to Grav - the assist for the goal.

Nobody is saying it is fantastic play. I stated on the record that I though Elliott wasn't very good on Sunday.. I SIMPLY posted it to highlight the biais so many have against him.

Gakpo - another player who I thought wasn't great on the day got plaudits for his game and assist - HARVEY got nothing but the usual..

That's the point...

Denying that what he did in this instance is unfair - as you would have rightly been complimenting it had Hendo done it in the same game

You’re missing the point

I don’t care about it, an assist is an assist to me, some are much better than others, but so are goal, I just made the assist denial comment taking the mickey out of you as I have for years since you first started it with Hendo

I look at Gravenberch’s goal as Elliott plays a decent ball he miscontrols, but he then gets after their lad quickly & is about to tackle him so he gets rid quickly & makes the mistake that allows Elliott to intercept, having forced the error Gravenberch quickly moves into a really good space to make for an easy pass to him then does the rest simply superbly all by himself

That’s what happened

Yeah.. Elliott did nothing _ I should have known that inference was just a joke.. I mean I should be able to tell right? So when you are talking bullshit it's just a joke. I won't remind you of your mistakes/ er jokes in future... I get it now. Lot's of joking going on then..

Here's one...Gravenberch just making brilliant movement to coincide with a pass that only arrives via a briliant miss control from Gakpo - so good that he chases the defender to accidentally pass poorly and where Elliot can get it.. I see.. Silly me.. That's some next level telepathy..

You're absolutely right 19. YOu should be our next manager. You have a knowledge of the game and a way of "understanding" it that is certainly unique.

I didn’t say he did nothing, it was Grav who miscontrolled btw which was why him getting after their player forcing an error was so good

You seem to want to give all the credit for what was a superb piece of individual brilliance to a player other than the one who performed it, really bizarre

I didn’t say he did nothing, it was Grav who miscontrolled btw which was why him getting after their player forcing an error was so good

You seem to want to give all the credit for what was a superb piece of individual brilliance to a player other than the one who performed it, really bizarre
    "inference"

And no - I am highlighting WHY Klopp picks his teams and why you and others in here - myself included are writing on a football forum.

Elliott has not been a world beater by any stretch - he is a squad player - a. young one at that. He has a build I was always sceptical of but I will point out when I think he is being unfairly targeted or his contributions ignored.