Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looks like Arne Slot's right in..

good luck he'll need it
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Whoever comes in, he’d better bring a new spine, CB, 6 & CF

I've read that he employs a press even more aggressive than Klopp. I'd rather we played a more controlled game so the players don't run out of steam at the end of every season

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I've read that he employs a press even more aggressive than Klopp. I'd rather we played a more controlled game so the players don't run out of steam at the end of every season
    Quite a few of these lads need whipping into shape in the press, too many of their players got on the ball with time too easy, through poor positioning, not picking up

Calvert-Lewin played very well tonight & gave both CBs problems, and both should have been a lot better at dealing with him, Konate especially , but they weren’t helped by their lads getting time and space just outside their area to play more measured & accurate balls up to him

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Whoever comes in, he’d better bring a new spine, CB, 6 & CF
    Unlikely due to being another year older but Palinha would still be a great addition. Endo has done well to a point but the last few weeks have shown he's not the long term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I too am concerned about that but Jozza was saying he thinks it's a less taxing way he employs. Feyenoord have one of the highest stats on balls won in the final third.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Unlikely due to being another year older but Palinha would still be a great addition. Endo has done well to a point but the last few weeks have shown he's not the long term solution.
    Don't think Endo is meant to be the "main man" to be fair - likely more of a Milner - if we had an extra couple of players that were actually getting minutes (Thiago and Bajcetic didn't really) we get a better idea of the sort of minutes Wataru should have been getting.

Absolutely fine with having him around. Bad few weeks for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Don't think Endo is meant to be the "main man" to be fair - likely more of a Milner - if we had an extra couple of players that were actually getting minutes (Thiago and Bajcetic didn't really) we get a better idea of the sort of minutes Wataru should have been getting.

Absolutely fine with having him around. Bad few weeks for him though.
    Ah yes I didn't mean that he actually was. I think he was always a squad addition and for Klopp ( at the time of signing) to bring in the guy he'd want this summer. He's probably exceeded what we expected and has been a very decent signing overall.