Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attacking output in 23/24

Sid, like yourself, I am more of the 'bigger picture' kind of person. I hate the fickle, flip/flop nature of some of our fans.

But...

Other than Jota the 4 forwards have been an absolute shower, and in simple terms have cost us the title. You can talk about fatigue (mental and physical) or the weight of Klopp leaving, the injuries etc... but the simple matter of fact is if the 4 forwards could have scored a fraction of the chances they've had over the last month we'd be clear and laughing.

Abysmal.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Sid, like yourself, I am more of the 'bigger picture' kind of person. I hate the fickle, flip/flop nature of some of our fans.

But...

Other than Jota the 4 forwards have been an absolute shower, and in simple terms have cost us the title. You can talk about fatigue (mental and physical) or the weight of Klopp leaving, the injuries etc... but the simple matter of fact is if the 4 forwards could have scored a fraction of the chances they've had over the last month we'd be clear and laughing.

Abysmal.
    We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but our problems might simply be down to poor recruitment up front. Diaz showed a lot of promise early on which has waned a bit. I would keep him as he's a threat, good attitude and can create. Salah's best years are past and he probably doesn't owe us anything to be fair (though he's been handsomely rewarded!). Jota is a great finisher but sadly is too frequently out and then it takes time to get back to the level again.

Nunez is the biggest disappointment for me. Some of his attributes are good - he creates chaos and problems for defenders. He's big and strong and seems to have a lot of enthusiasm. On the downside he seems a bit of a headless chicken and lacks almost any composure in front of goal. It's been a couple of seasons now and he hasn't really come on.

I'd still be inclined to keep Nunez maybe one more season and use him just as an attacking winger, not expect goals from him. Use him as a sub too. I'd keep Diaz and Jota too and hope that you could get a run of fitness from Jota. I'd probably let Salah go and try to get a good wad of cash for him to reinvest.

We really need someone new up front to reignite the team.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't think we've beat one of the other top 6 this season along with the shit show this past month. Big games require the big players to step up and sadly they haven't.
    De Bruyne, Foden, Rodri, Odegaard, Saka even bloody Havertz has stepped up.
    Who has for us ?
    I understand you don’t like or accept the reality we have been robbed by officials in games against Spurs away & Man City & Arsenal at home, but we have been

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c98zypwz593o
    60m each. Cheaper than I'd have expected. We'll have both please.

£120m very well spent, particularly is Diaz does leave in the summer … for £120m

£110 m for the pair of them sell Díaz to Barca for 150m

What’s the stats on big chances missed / conversion rate?

The fact we’ve got 3 players in the top 10 of big chances missed tells a story

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post

They’re not entirely accurate in my view from games I’ve watched I’ve seen Díaz miss 3 or 4 really big chances in a few games no way his are only 12 absolutely no way he’s missed that many in the last 4 or 5 games alone

Barca don't have two pennies to rub together. theres no way they can afford what we ask for Diaz.. Diaz contract is a long one 2027. I doubt he will go. but i'd take 70+ million for him
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post

They’re not entirely accurate in my view from games I’ve watched I’ve seen Díaz miss 3 or 4 really big chances in a few games no way his are only 12 absolutely no way he’s missed that many in the last 4 or 5 games alone