Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Squad Rebuild

there is a "rumour" that Klopp wanted Nunez and others wanted Madueke.. we may have made a mistake in Darwin. But glad we didnt sign Madueke. he seems a bit of a nob.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    there is a "rumour" that Klopp wanted Nunez and others wanted Madueke.. we may have made a mistake in Darwin. But glad we didnt sign Madueke. he seems a bit of a nob.
    For me he was better playing at LFWD in a designated role as part of a very high functioning system, it’s all a bit random now There’s a potentially great player in there, we’ve all seen enough flashes of it, he needs help & drills and probably to play consistently in a designated role to bring it all together That’s what’s so frustrating about him, he has everything he needs, but can’t put it all together by himself

Klopp had it right Slot can see the shortcomings more than it if we miraculously won the title. 6 will be rectified. Endo has done his best but we need more there

It'll be interesting to see what the new manager makes of the lads available.

Looking at the squad..

I could see Mo leaving for PSG to replace Mbappe.

I could see Trent leaving for Real, and to be honest he looks like he needs a move. Taken non-chalance to a new level with a terrible attitude.

Maybe Konate could be gone, who aside from injuries I rate rather highly. Seems he and Klopp may have had a beef recently. Been strange seeing him declared injured, then off to France and then been selected for the lesser EL games and not the PL games.

Matip, I think will leave on a free transfer, Thiago definitely joining him who at this point won't be missed as he's never available.

Considering the above potential departures. CB probably be a priority area.

Naah can just wing it like when we let Lovren go. Wasn’t so bad… ? Still made top 4 - easy money.

Or maybe it was just coincidence that we had to play Hendo and Fab at CB..? Made some great home records at the time

🫤

I'd hope we go all out for a centrehalf and a number 9. Konate doesn't look the answer either he's looking dodgy or injured and the less said about Nunez the better.

We need another midfielder too. Someone who's the same level in quality as McAllister.
    The others are good but not top level. Wed be top heavy though with another coming in so maybe one would have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Naah can just wing it like when we let Lovren go. Wasn’t so bad… ? Still made top 4 - easy money.

Or maybe it was just coincidence that we had to play Hendo and Fab at CB..? Made some great home records at the time

🫤
    Still would have been Fab/Hendo alongside Lovren! Not sure it would have been much different to be honest...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We need another midfielder too. Someone who's the same level in quality as McAllister.
    The others are good but not top level. Wed be top heavy though with another coming in so maybe one would have to go.
    It depends if what we've seen this season is their level or whether they've got another gear or two.

If what we've seen is the best they'll be then we need to replace and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It depends if what we've seen this season is their level or whether they've got another gear or two.

If what we've seen is the best they'll be then we need to replace and improve.
    Aye it's a difficult one. I expect Gravenberch to improve. Not sure on Szoboslai. Can't see Endo being any better as his age won't do him favours. ( he's still being a solid signing). Elliot will improve I think and Jones will be steady.
    A defensive mid would be the priority obviously. Palinha would be a good signing but don't see it happening.