Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Squad Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    and Thiago running tings in midfield .

Write that one down in the back of your ration book ppl, that biggest flop of Jurgen’s career all fur coat & no knickers show pony couldn’t run a fucking bath

Gini running the midfield Four shaw

Thiago’s record that season P24 W12 L7 D5 scored 1 assists ZERO (Big chances created THREE one every 8 games! (running things in midfield, snigger)
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

After binning the Mids at CB - as you mention - also far later than you also wrongly stated - we won 8 out of 10 games to finish 3rd from a hopeless position.

Guess what - the next 25 games Thiago played in - only 9 points dropped - including the 22 mins in a 3:2 loss at West Ham

So 92 points from 35 games. possible 101 points for a league season - with No Virgil - Matip - Gomez or Captain Fantastic for 10 of them...

Enjoy,...

Thiago was the weak link we win despite his poor pressing & positioning & lack of creativity & goals

It’s really sad & pathetic even by your low bar to try & split games over 2 seasons into a run negating all the games a player played in and lost or drew & all the other players who actually contributed to our winning

He didn’t even get an assist, created a supposed big chance once every 8 games, didn’t release any player to assist, something I always use as a barometer as some times players not assisting are the ones releasing others to assist, but there was none of that either

There’s simply no credible case to be made that Thiago was ever running anything or an important player for us, he was an all fur coat & no knickers show pony crock we might very well have won anothet title & Chanpions league without had we signed a player like Mac who actually delivered the goals & assists No knickers was supposed to provide

You say fur coat and no knickers like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post

It’s a metaphor for ppl who are phonies all show & bravado with zero substance

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    A six. A Centre back. A striker.
    This is where I am at really.

Matip out - young (23-25) fit, talented centre-back in. Supplemented by the presence of Van Dijk, Konate, Quansah and Gomez, with Gomez playing more at full-back than centre-back preferably. Bajcetic also can play centre-back as he has experience there and in midfield. Let's not forget Van den Berg is still on the books.

Thiago out - young, athletic, skilful, intelligent midfielder in. Supplemented by presence of Mac Allister, Endo, Szoboszlai, Gravenberch, Jones, Elliott. Bajcetic also can play midfield and we have young players on the books.

Striker in - ideally 21-25 sort of age. Supplemented by most of Núñez, Jota, Salah, Diaz, Gakpo - not forgetting the emerging Danns and the new Manager assessing the often forgotten Carvalho. I'd personally be inclined to "cash in" on one of Salah or Diaz (timing seems right) and if we did sell both in one window (don't see it) then naturally two forwards come in and not one. More worried about how cohesive our forwards can be rather than seeking the greatest individual talent.

In a perfect World we improve our level whilst replacing a couple of older players with younger players - rinse and repeat (gradually) each season to keep the DNA of the squad and to ensure we never need a drastic overhaul sort of rebuild.

The squad is good overall, much as the last few weeks won't make us feel that way. It needs a few fresh faces in the dressing room and talent coming in to keep lads who are too comfortable on their toes, but it doesn't need ripping up immediately.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I really want 2 lightning quick talented & skilful powerful Left & Right forwards if Mo & Diaz go, 1 if only one goes

A younger athletic understudy to Robbo in place of Tsimi

A CB

And a No6 It might be good, if our interest is genuine & he’s considered the best option to bring that Quinten Timber lad from Feyenoord as he know the manager his methods & the system & could be the organiser in the pitch with those sensibilities that would make all the difference

Timber & Hartman LB are both sought after by other top Prem clubs

I’m not a “Oh I wonder which players we like from his current club we might sign” person at all, when I looked at links I found we had interest in these two before the news about the manager

Continuity & evolution wise the new man bringing in a couple of his best players, we had interest in anyway to help everything bed in could be highly beneficial, especially & No6 adept at leading & organising the press

The LB has a great variety of Trent from the right type passes, switches, balls through the lines, balls over the top & the long diagonal from deep to find the forward in isolation & is a very good crosser both for headers & low driven balls with good variety, as part of that he also has a Trent type drop it over the near CB off the back of the far CB from deep inside left positions & looks good at finding a man, oh & physically he’s a beast

LB currently out having had knee surgery though, I don’t know the type of injury he picked up though, maybe it’s one he’s needed for a while & he’s getting it done know ready for his big move

CB wise I see we’re linked with Willian Pacho - he looks like he’d be a great Matip replacement looks like our type of defender

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    CB wise I see we’re linked with Willian Pacho - he looks like he’d be a great Matip replacement looks like our type of defender
    I meant to ask if you've seen him play. Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    It’s the written equivalent of a Freudian slip. . When you have no legs to stand on you’re already on the floor.

😜