Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    FFS, cheer up.
    Was a misery all season when we were top because it showed up how much better our midfield was Sans Captain fantastic mix Only came alive again once we had fallen off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    Glad to win. Sour taste with the last 20 mins. Really dropped the mood again. A clean sheet would have got us energised going into the last two games, now all the talk will be about how we nearly blew a 4 goal lead, and the pressure will stay up. Jürgen will now to field an entirely different set of questions to the ones he deserved to field.

We have been conceding goals all season - usually first too - part of what broke the players. Chasing and chasing games then finally chasing perfection for Klopp’s departure.

Enjoy it - we are unlikely to see the kind of success we saw under Jurgen for a looooong looong time.

Great result.

Spurs were piss poor first half. As soon as they started playing our frailties showed and the 2 goals conceded shoes why we won't be champions. Yes people complain about finishing but as a unit we don't defend well, also we don't know or don't want to play low block for a couple of minutes to kill a game. Why do your centre backs have to go up for a corner when you are 2 goals up.

Again we must multiple chances, just the intolerance of the game allowed the players to not lose heart as they have and also the supporters didn't treat every miss as a death sentence.

So it looked good at times but the problems were blazingly obvious.

Also we need pace upfront. Players that once you play it through even wide they are going to cook their opponent be able to cut inside and score.

Slot is starting with a top 6/7 team. Depending on who comes in etc. Think we finish between 2nd and 6th next season.

4 - 2 win, and feeling depressed.
    Really poor overall.
    Sorry but Darwin wtf.............................??
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Was a misery all season when we were top because it showed up how much better our midfield was Sans Captain fantastic mix Only came alive again once we had fallen off a cliff.
    More complete unadulterated bullshit as per usual from Steveo

I was busy backing our mids while most here were slagging Mac off

Struck another nerve. Didn’t know there were so many

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Struck another nerve. Didn’t know there were so many
    Translation - “I’m being a wind up merchant lying through my teeth because Nineteenx completely called me out & destroyed me & my fellow know nothing TIA friends & everyone else seemed to support & agree with him”

Yes they did 😊

People do tend to react when wums like you just post blatant lies about them

Unhinged and a busted flush

Went so much more quiet all season while we were riding high. Hasn’t stopped posting his bile since the United FA cup exit.

Cleary upset his so called team won a game because a guy he loves to bash played well and scored a beauty. How sad.

What a whopper

Anyway - back to the actual theme.

Yes the pressure was off - but I also think following Klopp’s Fuck the media TNT and by way of association the Premier League - Presser - the players responded.

The fans took. Richarlison did his Usual and created problems for us BUT have to remember Spurs had EVERYTHING to play for and we stuck 4 past them. Should have been 7

I was made up for Harvey he’s delivered nothing or not enough in a game over a game for so long it was good to see him put in a MOTM performance today & do things in one game flop Thiago never ever managed at LFC be MOTM & get a goal & assist in a game All fir coat & no knickers mega flop never managed either of those things Heck he barely named any goals or assists or meaningful passes at all