Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Take action against S*n scum

I don't know if this will work but I have a friend who works at the BBC (radio merseyside) who stated each BBC empolyee gets a personal email address for instance Joe Bloggs would be joe.bloggs@bbc.co.uk so he said in theory Bob Shennan Head of Radio 5 should have a personal address and it will be

bob.shennan@bbc.co.uk

I have sent an email to this address at 9.10pm this evening and it has not been returned to me as of now 9.30pm. I suggest you all do the same. The worst that can happen is you get ignored but Bob will be a liitle surprised when he opens his mailbox tomorrow.

Done. and one on the site to boot.
    I took No.45 because I was joking that four plus five is nine

Complaint sent.

Underlined the fact that the BBC is supposed to represent the face of unbiased, honest and reliable journalism with a reputation to uphold, and that allowing airtime to such a person before they have apologised unreservedly and whose actions go against for everything that the BBC is supposed to represent, shames the company and makes them seem allied to his point of view.

Reality is it probably won't have any effect (as in cancelling his show), but at least if they get a few thousand complaints they will know how strongly feelings run and think again before doing anything similar (one hopes)

I just had a thought (yes it does happen sometimes).... perhaps the only way they will take notice and consider taking any action apart from a standard email reply is to make them take notice on the radio. Does anyone in Liverpool have connections with radio stations? The more people mention this on local radio talk shows and stir up the public discontent, the more people will talk about it and hence the BBC will have to take notice if it begins to make local news. Same can be said about getting journalists to publish stories in local papers.
    I don't live there or know anyone who does, but for those who do or might know someone who does, perhaps this is an idea to get some fires stoked?

In an ideal world our players wouldn't give interviews to the BBC any more.
    "Freedom only for the members of the government, only for the members of the Party, [...] is no freedom at all." Roza Luksemburg

Boshy I sent one to your first choice bob.shennan@bbc.co.uk and it hasn't been returned(sent last night at 9pm)

Same here, I just had a thought, I should of sent it with a read receipt flag. Will try now

Quote Originally Posted by robbieB View Post
    Same here, I just had a thought, I should of sent it with a read receipt flag. Will try now
    Read receipts are not reliable though because the recipient can request for the receipt to not be sent...

If ya cacha ma drift!

Just got this back so our mail to bob may be getting screened

As part of the delivery process, your message was relayed to a machine which does not handle delivery status notifications. As a result, it is not possible to determine whether the message will get to its final destination.

Please reply to <Postmaster@mx.bigpond.com> if you feel this message to be in error.