Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Take action against S*n scum

The following has just been posted by Sevcan on TTWAR...I am sure he wont mind me pasting it over here, it's the reply he has had from the BBC.

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Radio Five Live Review of the Year which is due to be broadcast on Christmas Day.

We raised your concerns with Bob Shennan, the Controller of Five Live, who has responded as follows to your concerns:

"We’re sorry to hear of your objection to Kelvin MacKenzie’s role as a presenter for this programme. While we fully recognise the strength of feeling that some people have against Kelvin, he has a great deal of experience in broadcasting and a keen eye for stories, which makes him well qualified to give his views on the news stories of the year.

Kelvin MacKenzie will always arouse strong feelings from our audience - that’s in his nature as a broadcaster and as a person – and clearly not everyone wants to hear what he has to say, but equally there are many others who appreciate hearing his opinions even when they don’t agree with them.

Many people have highlighted to us Kelvin’s recent statement in which he said he wasn’t sorry about the Sun newspaper’s handling of the tragedy at Hillsborough, but such private comments are entirely his own and they are in no way endorsed by the BBC. We believe he is an appropriate choice as presenter for this particular programme, but your comments have been registered and will be taken into consideration."

Bob Shennan
    Controller of Five Live

Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Information

I think thats the standard reply we are all getting. I got the same yesterday. To me it just says "We are sitting on the fence on this one, and we don't have the balls to cancel his show"

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_25 View Post
    The following has just been posted by Sevcan on TTWAR...I am sure he wont mind me pasting it over here, it's the reply he has had from the BBC.

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Radio Five Live Review of the Year which is due to be broadcast on Christmas Day.

We raised your concerns with Bob Shennan, the Controller of Five Live, who has responded as follows to your concerns:

"We’re sorry to hear of your objection to Kelvin MacKenzie’s role as a presenter for this programme. While we fully recognise the strength of feeling that some people have against Kelvin, he has a great deal of experience in broadcasting and a keen eye for stories, which makes him well qualified to give his views on the news stories of the year.

Kelvin MacKenzie will always arouse strong feelings from our audience - that’s in his nature as a broadcaster and as a person – and clearly not everyone wants to hear what he has to say, but equally there are many others who appreciate hearing his opinions even when they don’t agree with them.

Many people have highlighted to us Kelvin’s recent statement in which he said he wasn’t sorry about the Sun newspaper’s handling of the tragedy at Hillsborough, but such private comments are entirely his own and they are in no way endorsed by the BBC. We believe he is an appropriate choice as presenter for this particular programme, but your comments have been registered and will be taken into consideration."

Bob Shennan
    Controller of Five Live

Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Information

I've just got that e-mail - was about to post it as thought it wasn't a standard reply. I still can't believe the BBC - who we all pay licence fee money for state that they do not mind putting this prick on the radio.

Still sounds like they won't be backing down and will be broadcasting on Christmas Day. Think the HJC shop need to get a sticker campaign going about boycotting 5 Live as well as the S*n.
    Robert Bernard Fowler - a true Legend.

I have the same email. I think all you UK'ites if you can, should get on the phone and jam the lines when he has his show...

Knacker that sun scum!!
    Cheers

Jussi

I am personally very disappoint in the BBC and have sent a further complaint to them at this address

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

I suggest we all do the same. This is my further complaint.

FAO Bob Shennan

Thank you for your reply to my complaint over Mr Kelvin McKenzie.

If Mr McKenzie were to privatley confess to holding antisemetic or racist views would you at the BBC still give this man a platform?

I believe that his views private or otherwise are so offensive to the people of Liverpool and any right thinking people across the land that they will be appauled at your choice. Mr McKenzie raised his profile in the media on the back of the pain and heartache of the families of those who lost their lives at Hillsborough. What does the publicly funded BBC do? You reward Mr McKenzie with a platform for further media coverage.

I am ashamed Bob and the question is why aren't you?

Yours sincerely

Liverpool Lad

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool lad View Post
    I am personally very disappoint in the BBC and have sent a further complaint to them at this address

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

I suggest we all do the same. This is my further complaint.

FAO Bob Shennan

Thank you for your reply to my complaint over Mr Kelvin McKenzie.

If Mr McKenzie were to privatley confess to holding antisemetic or racist views would you at the BBC still give this man a platform?

I believe that his views private or otherwise are so offensive to the people of Liverpool and any right thinking people across the land that they will be appauled at your choice. Mr McKenzie raised his profile in the media on the back of the pain and heartache of the families of those who lost their lives at Hillsborough. What does the publicly funded BBC do? You reward Mr McKenzie with a platform for further media coverage.

I am ashamed Bob and the question is why aren't you?

Yours sincerely

Liverpool Lad

Very good point made there mate. All will happen though is some pen-pusher will send the same standard e-mail out to us all again, although I and I think everyone else should e-mail - just bombard them with e-mails and hopefully they will take this piece of scum off the air.

I got the same standard reply.
    I was thinking of sending in a further complaint but it seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    I thought that but we need to keep this going - lets all keep persistantly e-mailing them. It might not work, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=49275

Candyman read this thread in paticular post number 8.

Just read that article (No8) and if I was never motivated enough before, I certainly am now. I too received the same reply from BBC and I can tell you I'll be replying with non standard replys from now til Christmas and even beyond if the BBC allow this sadistic arse mackenzie to have his warped view of the world aired on the nations core broadcaster.

I urge you all, apethetic or pesimist, proactive or optimistic, maintain the rage. I no longer use the BBC and will not until we get some less than standard reaction from the BBC.

I can tell you now the only reason the response has been standard is because we need numbers, not 100's but thousands of us.

And agreed with the lad earlier saying we should jam the radio lines, lets do it for the victims, their families and all us loyal reds.
    I took No.45 because I was joking that four plus five is nine