Thread: Apology from Hyva Sami

Apology from Hyva Sami

The other day I posted on a thread called "best sports writer". I replied that my personal favourite was Brian Woolnough.

I know the daily star isnt the most classy of newspapers but its easy to read and brian woolnough was the only sports writer i could think of.

Im sorry if I have offended anyone, I wasnt actually old enough to realise what was happening when hillsborough was happening, but my dad was a season ticket holder on the kop at the time (he didnt actually go to hillsborough that day) and hearing through him and through self education I do realise just how bad hillsborough was, however as I am not old enough to actually remember the day I can not remember everything that went on that day and in the following weeks.

I have always made a concious decision not to read the s*n as I have heard the terrible things they accused us of, however I didnt know the Daily Star had anything to do with this and if they did then I will never touch the newspaper again.

Once again I apologise to anyone that I have offended.

Quote Originally Posted by hyva sami View Post
    The other day I posted on a thread called "best sports writer". I replied that my personal favourite was Brian Woolnough.

I know the daily star isnt the most classy of newspapers but its easy to read and brian woolnough was the only sports writer i could think of.

Im sorry if I have offended anyone, I wasnt actually old enough to realise what was happening when hillsborough was happening, but my dad was a season ticket holder on the kop at the time (he didnt actually go to hillsborough that day) and hearing through him and through self education I do realise just how bad hillsborough was, however as I am not old enough to actually remember the day I can not remember everything that went on that day and in the following weeks.

I have always made a concious decision not to read the s*n as I have heard the terrible things they accused us of, however I didnt know the Daily Star had anything to do with this and if they did then I will never touch the newspaper again.

Once again I apologise to anyone that I have offended.

You're not on your own lad, as it was nearly 20 years ago, there's a lot of young reds that don't know the facts behind that day.

Good to hear your Dad has educated you and no offence taken here.

For the record Woolnough used to be chief sports writer for the S*n! That is probably why people got on your back.

Fair enough fella.

Don't read EITHER OF those sh#te rags though.

Not reading something like the Daily St#r as a proper newspaper read is just common sense as much as anything else to be honest.

Walk On.
    "A small body of determined spirits fired by unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."... MK Gandhi..

WHIYH