Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Fulham v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Pissed off at the thought Mbappe will probably end up at city and haaland at utd
    Isn't Haaland's agent also Pogba's agent?

As talented as Haaland is, I wouldn't say that's a "sure thing" of a transfer. Haaland will also surely want Champion's League football and I don't think United can say with any degree of certainty that they will have that for the 21/22 season, though the Europa League does give them an extra route to the top European table should they get some luck with the draw - the year Mourinho's United won it was the easiest path to victory - insanely easy compared to what we had in the year we lost to Sevilla.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I don't agree with that first bit. We have a net spend of around £20m p/a. We could/should have a much better bench without the need to spend Chelsea/Man City/Man U levels of money. The fact is that FSG want to do things on the cheap, and if we want to spend any kind of sizeable sum, we're going to have to sell to buy. We cannot/should not have to keep doing that.

Yes FSG have done some good things. But they are not perfect, and pretending otherwise is in my opinion going to end up in a nasty shock for quite a few as and when Klopp leaves.

The league may have changed, but we are still one of the world's biggest clubs and England's most successful club. We should be looking to win the big prizes no matter how much the league has changed.
    We will cross that bridge when Klopp leaves. For now I am not going to gaze into mythical crystal ball. I am looking at the facts. 3 title challenges in 10 years. We could have had 3 titles had it not been for City. 2 Champions Leavue finals one won. Europa league Final as well. Seems more then the previous 20 years. They are business people. They need their business to do well and they need to make money. They are not Roman or Sheiks but the sound and they spend well.

When Klopp leaves a new man will come if he doesn't work out they will bring one that does. The 2 managers that they had shortlisted recently showed that they also know about Manager. Klopp and Ancelotti. Ancelotti is a winner, Klopp is a winner. They didn't mug about trying to go for Joe who, twice in a row. They tried a young inexperienced and then went for a big gun. Good board decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Isn't Haaland's agent also Pogba's agent?

As talented as Haaland is, I wouldn't say that's a "sure thing" of a transfer. Haaland will also surely want Champion's League football and I don't think United can say with any degree of certainty that they will have that for the 21/22 season, though the Europa League does give them an extra route to the top European table should they get some luck with the draw - the year Mourinho's United won it was the easiest path to victory - insanely easy compared to what we had in the year we lost to Sevilla.
    If that is his agent I dont want him. But he is going to be one of the greatest 9s of all time. Ridiculous talent.

Matip and Keita are on borrowed time. Shaqiri may as well leave in January. Hes never here any way.
    secondly why did we change our physio? seems we have had loads more injuries than normal
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We miss Milners bite in midfield.. when we play half midfielders ie Jones and Firmino (whp spends his time in midfield)
    We lack something.. Our best 3 have been Fabinho Henderson and Wijnaldum nothing special going forward. But they do protect us better.
    You cant play Firmino with Jones or Minamino. You basically have 2 players doing the same job. I would personally go in with Cutis Jones in the number 9 role right now. and have 3 solid midfielders behind him. We could probably get away with Jota in a 4(when hes fit). he does play the spare man well.
    I honestly dont see what Firmino offers, neve have really. Sure hes been a great link up player. But there are numerous games like today he offers nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    We will cross that bridge when Klopp leaves. For now I am not going to gaze into mythical crystal ball. I am looking at the facts. 3 title challenges in 10 years. We could have had 3 titles had it not been for City. 2 Champions Leavue finals one won. Europa league Final as well. Seems more then the previous 20 years. They are business people. They need their business to do well and they need to make money. They are not Roman or Sheiks but the sound and they spend well.

When Klopp leaves a new man will come if he doesn't work out they will bring one that does. The 2 managers that they had shortlisted recently showed that they also know about Manager. Klopp and Ancelotti. Ancelotti is a winner, Klopp is a winner. They didn't mug about trying to go for Joe who, twice in a row. They tried a young inexperienced and then went for a big gun. Good board decisions.
    "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" is a dangerous philosophy to have be it in sport and/or business. In virtually every area of life "preparation is the key". What we could have won is irrelevant, other than the fact that there is a good chance we WOULD have won those things had we had the size and quality of squad that we should have, but haven't had for a while.

Yes FSG are business people, but their investment isn't going to pay off as handsomely for them if we suddenly go back to being also rans vs being multiple PL and/or CL winners in a short space of time.

The way you talk about FSG's possible approach to recruiting a manager post Klopp sounds very worrying if true as we'll become one of those big clubs who go through a long cycle of hiring and firing a string of managers every season or two, leading to no end of problems. Unless you can chuck 'oil funded' levels of money at things, you are unlikely to get any major success doing such a thing.

..... The fact is that FSG want to do things on the cheap, and if we want to spend any kind of sizeable sum, we're going to have to sell to buy. We cannot/should not have to keep doing that.

Yes FSG have done some good things. But they are not perfect, and pretending otherwise is in my opinion going to end up in a nasty shock for quite a few as and when Klopp leaves.

The league may have changed, but we are still one of the world's biggest clubs and England's most successful club. We should be looking to win the big prizes no matter how much the league has changed.

I mean,.......surely those can't be the only two options (that either they're "perfect", which no one claimed nor pretended they are, or that they are complete shite and should fuck off).

Also, acting like or claiming that they're doing things on the cheap or don't want to spend is a little rich considering the fact that we have the world's most expensive (and best) defender in our squad, the world's second most expensive (and BEST) goalkeeper in our squad and the world's 4th highest paid player overall (in Mo, and only paid less than Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe).
    Does that sound to you like a club that's doing things on the cheap?

Are they profiting from the club? Of course they are, and I would expect no less or any different.
    They're businessmen and very good ones at that, and fact of the matter is (whether you or anyone else want to admit it or not) WE have also benefitted from them and their good business acumen - to the tune of an Anfield massive expansion and refurbishment project, a new state-of-the-art Training facility for both the senior team and the Academy.
    Oh, and a couple of little other things known as Number 6 and Number 19 (after 30 long years).

I really don't get this notion of trying to paint them as the bad guys, when all it looks like is them trying to do right by us as much as they could.
    Without them Klopp wouldn't be here. Klopp didn't hire himself.
    And they've supported him to the hilt with everything he's needed on and off the field.

Perhaps some questions can be asked about transfer market decisions - especially in recent times - and while doing that we should also be honest enough to ask how much of Klopp's own stubbornness played a role in that too.

But I mean, please,...
    Some reality and some perspective, guys.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

its a tad unfair when Chelsea and Man-city have owners who can simply waft away the loss of income regarding fans in the ground (tens of millions).. we cant sign anyone major because of it.. yes we did get Jota. but we will end recuperating most of the fee on Brewster and Orgi who may go in January. I feel Mane is likely to leave the summer. hes getting a bit stale in my opinion. But he needs to up his game like the other forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I feel Mane is likely to leave the summer. hes getting a bit stale in my opinion. But he needs to up his game like the other forwards.
    Mane blew hot and cold with Southampton.

He'll have big performances yet this season, some of which will likely be in Europe.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" is a dangerous philosophy to have be it in sport and/or business. In virtually every area of life "preparation is the key". What we could have won is irrelevant, other than the fact that there is a good chance we WOULD have won those things had we had the size and quality of squad that we should have, but haven't had for a while.

Yes FSG are business people, but their investment isn't going to pay off as handsomely for them if we suddenly go back to being also rans vs being multiple PL and/or CL winners in a short space of time.

The way you talk about FSG's possible approach to recruiting a manager post Klopp sounds very worrying if true as we'll become one of those big clubs who go through a long cycle of hiring and firing a string of managers every season or two, leading to no end of problems. Unless you can chuck 'oil funded' levels of money at things, you are unlikely to get any major success doing such a thing.
    What else can I say should I imagine the world you are painting and ignore the tangible facts of what I am experiencing now with FSG? Crossing the bridge is not a philosophy in this case it is a response to your thoughts of what could/would/might happen.

For me the FSG debate is always flouted when there ate results like this but when we win 19 games in a row. Amass 97 and 99 points, go to back to back CL finals then it has nothing to do with FSG then it is all on Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp is the most successful manager we have had in the last 30 years. But he is part of a exodus system. He is not the sole reason. The club is the Manager, players, supporters, owners, backroom staff, coaches etc. All of these to a lesser or greater are a result of where we are today.

FSG is the first contributor as the owners as everyone that is there now is on their payroll Klopp included. It is only the fand who are not a result of FSG decisions (newer supporters may be).

When Klopp messes up let's say it and leave FSG out. He is great but not flawless so when he isn't leave FSG out.