Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Alisson played great too
    My MOTM yesterday, there was no stand out performer above any of the other outfield players, Alisson saved crucially 3 or 4 times, so was a clear stand out performer for me, people were very quick to question him after the West Ham game, when the only real question was about him letting the officials allowing West Ham's first goal to stand when Alisson was very clearly fouled affect how he performed for the rest of the game

Of the outfield players Henderson played a few absolutely top class balls that just caught everyone out, including our own players it was too good for a couple of times as they weren't alive to it, His ball for Mo to assist Jota was pure class
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's the nature of our fans and most football fans in general, certain players are the best thing since sliced bread and the best player ever, even when they're not, what I posted were actual facts in the timeline of everything that happened midfield wise since Fab arrived, it isn't my opinion, it is what has happened for those capable of looking at things objectively and honestly without the rose tinted glasses

The same people who claimed and still claim he was the best No6 in the league, he's not even a midfielder by trade and how he has developed over many years as a footballer, that is very clear, Hendo, Kante, Rodri, Fernandinho, NDidi, even bloody McTominay being entirely honest and fair, all much much better players in the centre of the park than Fab, all actually midfielders

I was falling out with Mancs at the supermarket today, because they refuse to see things and accept things that aren't my opinion, that are facts, for the same reasons people here don't accept some things

With me things are about honesty, integrity and what is right and wrong, I won't fawn over a player with absolutely glaring flaws who can't play a certain position in a formation we use and say he's great when it isn't true because he's our player, same way I'd never say we deserved to win the Own FA Cup final, because we got battered and got away with that Henchoz handball.

I understand that putting biases to one side and being fair and open about things isn't something most people in the modern world understand and they have great difficulty in accepting it

I've been the only person to believe a great many things Tees a great many things which I have been proven to be right in believing, I do see things other people don't, I always have, because I'm not and never have been conditioned by the 'status quo' everyone else here is very much conditioned by the 'status quo' of being a Liverpool fan, I am a Liverpool fan, but I'm not part of your status quo and never will be
    A few weeks back you were railing against a 4231, a suggestion I made as a solution to tactical and strategic blueprints teams were employing against us.
    At the time you didn't have the capacity to envisage my visionary solution. You just couldn't see it. Now that you are on board perhaps you should take countenance of the facts.

I believe by the end of the season you will be able to see that mctominay perhaps uniteds best cm alright, isn't a patch on Fabinho.
    Your agenda against Fabinho I firmly believe will dissipate with further education and time, time to relieve your ego of the crushing blow of being 100% wrong on Fabinho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Of the outfield players Henderson played a few absolutely top class balls that just caught everyone out, including our own players it was too good for a couple of times as they weren't alive to it, His ball for Mo to assist Jota was pure class
    Yes those passes were awesome

Watched MOTD for the highlights. Big Al saved us a couple of times. They were really talking up Thiago. Did he have a really good game? Looked like he made 2 or 3 key mistakes.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

he was brilliant.. judge for yourself

(Video) Watch Thiago’s performance against Southampton as his highlights compilation ooze class

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/11/29/video-watch-thiagos-performance-against-southampton-as-his-highlights-compilation-ooze-class/

Cheers Taksin - Great video and shows that while he will give the odd chance to the opposition, his worth in terrifying them and wrong-footing their entire defense is as clear as crystal. He fills the front line with so much confidence I think even Benteke would become Prolific!

Always available for the ball.. Creates all kinds of space for the rest.
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th November 2021 at 11:10 AM.

Yes I think the mistakes will reduce when everyone else realises how they just need to find any space at all and he’ll put the ball there

I was just wondering, is Clarence Seedorf the only player to win the champion's league with three different clubs? I seem to remember that stat from a while back. Thiago could be the next! He seems like a great lad as well. Very intense, intelligent, funny too.

When thiago plays like that, noone is getting near him and if they do it's a foul

Class to watch.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I was just wondering, is Clarence Seedorf the only player to win the champion's league with three different clubs? I seem to remember that stat from a while back. Thiago could be the next! He seems like a great lad as well. Very intense, intelligent, funny too.
    Think Eto did too. EDIT nope 2 of his 3 were with Barca.

Worth noting - Daniel Strurridge is in illustrious company also having won with 2 different clubs. Chelsea 2012 and us in 2019