Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    What did Tmiskas spit down at from the stands when the got the trophy. Looks fairly bad
    Hopefully it was just chewing gum, I'd guess

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Each to their own, most of our fans don't seem to appreciate the positional play and pressing and counter pressing of our midfielders, RedNoodle (I hope he's ok and would love to hear from him) just couldn't get his head around the role of the midfielders in Jurgen's system being as it is and incredibly different to the stereotypical roles and contributions midfielders were expected to make for all of the decades we watched the game before we saw Jurgen and his system

One thing's for sure, had Henderson or Keita not played well, we wouldn't have been able to dominate possession for the periods we did and prevent Chelsea having the ball or playing out easily, restricting their midfielders to barely no possession in our final third during their time on the pitch and making it easy for even Fab to read the press and counter press and be close enough to the player he should be to be effective

One thing that does inhibit us, I know it isn't popular, but it was glaringly obvious in the Norwich game when Fab was rested, the lack of passing ability at no6 when Fab plays, in that game our No6 played a trademark pin point ball to Tsimikas to head centre to Mane and then expertly assisted Diaz to score his first goal for the club

There is a trend, that our fabled video analysis team has yet to pick up on, of teams picking up all our other players and letting Fab get on the ball easy, because him hurting the opposition with his passing is such a rarity, Chelsea did a fair amount of that in periods of yesterday's final, that's part of why Mo struggled

Edit: When we have opportunities to break and the ball lands with Fab, we don't have that instant ability to release one of the forwards
    "Each to their own" and then proceeds to write an essay and managed to bring FAb into the equation.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    "Each to their own" and then proceeds to write an essay and managed to bring FAb into the equation.
    He's always in the equation, he plays No6, Henderson's passing from No6 is miles better than Fabs - The supposed reason Fab took the No6 spot from Henderson was for better distribution - If we're going to have conversations about players contributions creatively with the ball, Fab has to be part of that, because whenever he starts at No6, it seems to be accepted that all the responsibility for any creating from midfield in on LCM and RCM, despite teams often marking them more tightly and 'letting' Fab have the ball because of his limited ability with it

If we're going to talk about these things, surely, in anyone's reasonable and fair world, that's going to include all the relevant factors
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Seems Curtis Massive Head Drastically Overrates Himself Jones was unhappy to miss out on the squad for the Carling Cup final

Posted a sulky message "Well done to everyone involved"

What on earth does he think he's done in any of his performances this season to have been included or involved? The lads ego is way WAY greater than his ability will ever be if he doesn't get it in check

Every single one of our first team midfielders and Morton have produced far more than him when he has featured this season

He needs a loan, he desperately needs a loan, I said he needed loaning in the summer and we needed to replace Gini as we couldn't rely on Jones, he wasn't ready and he isn't and he's shown that at least with considerable aplomb

Get on the training field, get in the gym, put the work in, Foden might be an arsehole who has issues doing stupid things because of his age, but despite already being miles better than Curtis (safety first) Jones, he worked his bollocks of in the summer and pre-season to improve his pace and pace off the mark and strength, Jones can't be bothered to even do that

Jones for me has the Brewster issue, he already thinks he's the next big thing and he's already arrived without actually having done anything of merit in a plethora of performances, except score that one goal v the bitters in the FA Cup

He's just a Gerrard wannabe without having 10% of Stevie's ability or drive
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It depends how you read a message you don’t like the kid so you put a negative slant on it he hasn’t said anything wrong.

Why does he need pace as you keep going on about Xavi Milner Fabinho David Silva weren’t speed merchants only thing he needs to be doing is listening to what Klopp and the coaches tell him to do.

As I’ve said before Foden is a good player but he is a complete dickhead he might be looking up at Jones in 2-3 years time who knows I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club he is a wrong un regardless how good he is.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Either leave a message celebrating the win and it's a sulky dig, or don't leave a message at all and it's a sulky snubbing of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's always in the equation, he plays No6, Henderson's passing from No6 is miles better than Fabs - The supposed reason Fab took the No6 spot from Henderson was for better distribution - If we're going to have conversations about players contributions creatively with the ball, Fab has to be part of that, because whenever he starts at No6, it seems to be accepted that all the responsibility for any creating from midfield in on LCM and RCM, despite teams often marking them more tightly and 'letting' Fab have the ball because of his limited ability with it

If we're going to talk about these things, surely, in anyone's reasonable and fair world, that's going to include all the relevant factors
    19 - how does my point about Hendo having a poor game have anything to do with Fab?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Does anyone think Kepa will try the same bullshit, if he is ever again involved in a penalty shoot out?
    On the one hand, I thought the referee should have put a stop to it, however it seemed to have motivated our lads to really deliver!

Chelsea fans might get worried with Abrimovich bailing it seems.

Thinking back on the game.. I laughed at the incident when Diaz was on the floor and he had the ref Twatwell give him an hand up
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century