Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your team v Norwich (FA Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Newcastle will potentially have to play 4-in-10 soon, which could end up being 5-in-15 so I don't know about it being a record - certainly isn't ideal.

I think the secret is to keep winning, as winning definitely reinvigorates the Spirit - not to mention suitable rotation.

I know nobody wants to lose the Norwich game (myself included) but I think you can probably see why I would field such a heavily rotated side against one of the weakest teams in the Division, given the other fixtures.

Take our eyes off the Ball against West Ham and our Title challenge finishes. Foolish enough to underestimate Inter on a day where they bring their very best? Out of Europe.

Norwich represent the weakest opposition in what is (subjective, I know) the least important of our 3 remaining trophy possibilities. That's the time for the fringe/Youth lads. Have enough quality out there to be level (or better) at 60 minutes and bring on the Cavalry if needed for the last 30 - need as many as possible to be as fresh/fit as we can for the challenges to come.
    I still don't think we have to go all that weak, we've rotated a lot since only recently having had a 2 week break with our new found depth of squad, I'm expecting a very strong line up and bench, try and get the job done as early as possible, if possible and then rest some legs with the 5 subs

The RCB and RB positions are the only positions that look risky if we rest too many, and only because we loaned one too many out in January - We've got loads of great options and loads of players who need minutes
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Four different competitions was the point Sid not just the four games in ten days.
    I knew that

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Four different competitions was the point Sid not just the four games in ten days.
    Have to confess that went right over my head. Thankfully a more Quaresmatic forum user knee exactly what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Have to confess that went right over my head. Thankfully a more JotaKonateHavertzFernandesmatic forum user knew exactly what you meant.
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fixed that for you
    very good.

"He had 120 minutes. You asked me last week if he would play before, that he gets some rhythm and I said, 'No, he's used to the situation that he just comes on and has to play.'"

"He's not used to 120 minutes and being the hero. There's no need to stress the situation now."

"No, he will not start tomorrow."

One assumes Alisson then. With no disrespect intended, I'd be hoping it isn't Adrian.

I just noticed our game is live on ITV this evening
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Alisson

Milner Gomez Konate Tsimikas

Oxlade Henderson Jones

Origi Jota Minamino

Oxlade and Jones will need to make a damned site better effort at pressing and counter pressing than they did the last 2 times they featured at RCM and LCM when they were absolutely abysmal

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and book ourselves a place in the quarter finals

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Alisson

Milner Gomez Konate Tsimikas

Oxlade Henderson Jones

Origi Jota Minamino
    7/11 of my pick - Klopp went much stronger than I would have for the other 4 spots.

I picked Kelleher to his Alisson.
    Bradley to his Milner.
    Morton to his Henderson.
    Gordon to his Jota.

Hopefully we are comfortable by the 60th minute and don't need anyone (extra) we'd play against West Ham.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay