Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Watford

Your team v Watford

Phew!!!!!!!

An international break means a long wait, but fingers and toes tightly crossed that all come back injury-free, though I am assuming Trent will still be out.

........................Alisson

Gomez......Matip.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...........Henderson...........Thiago

.......Salah.........Jota...........Diaz
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Thiago Hendo Keita

Salah Jota Diaz

I think that's our most creativity midfield that gives us the most options and possibilities for mixing it up, variation, balls through the lines, in behind, over the top and switches and a higher better coordinated press and I think we are absolutely going to need it at some stage in some games and it is our best midfield to play a Hodgson side, so it's the best game to start with it and see how it can work at its best

Lots of scope for Kieta or Thiago to both act as the more attacking midfielder at time, need to find that one stays one goes balance between them, also scope for Gomez to try and get forward like he did today and for him to sit and let Thiago go forward and/or let Matip drive forward from CB - There quite of lot a natural movement, variation and mechanics in that side

I absolutely expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Phew!!!!!!!

An international break means a long wait, but fingers and toes tightly crossed that all come back injury-free, though I am assuming Trent will still be out.

........................Alisson

Gomez......Matip.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...........Henderson...........Thiago

.......Salah.........Jota...........Diaz
    Yup. It’s probably a bit too soon to be selecting a lineup. Who knows who will be available. Hopefully, Trent will be fit again by then. Not sure who else is playing over the next couple of weeks.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Yup. It’s probably a bit too soon to be selecting a lineup.
    True! Was discussed in another thread but, to be relatively brief - it started as a superstitious behaviour, slowly became an OCD tick.

OCD / compulsive behaviours tend to be "control" oriented so I might give thought to not doing Your Team Against threads once the 22/23 season starts (if that decision is in my hands it won't "itch") but that's a problem for another time.

More importantly - hopefully the international break goes smoothly - would be great to have a measured/controlled/stress-free win against Watford as the Man City game is going to be a stomach-churner.

Nearly there - a chance to go ahead of Man City and heap some pressure on them. I don't expect much from Burnley (who I think have lost their last 9 against Man City and have only scored once....) but with them being in a relegation fight you just never know. Even making things a bit tiring ahead of Pep's lot having to face Atletico could contribute to accumulative fatigue/mental strain somewhere down the line.

Just get the 3 points please lads. Comfortably and without injury if at all possible.

How long is TAA out for?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    How long is TAA out for?
    Unknown. Talk was that he was "a doubt" for the Man City game.

I am speculating here, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is (or was?) full training in a warm country like Dubai - that the "injury" was a minor niggle and that Klopp just wanted to avoid Southgate playing him, given past international crap like Hodgson "testing the resolve" of Sturridge.

I don't gamble but I foresee Gomez for Watford+Benfica and Trent for Man City.

Most of our attacking lads played a lot of minutes during the international break.

Not ideal really. Hope we are in a position to make subs in the 65th-70th minute to keep legs as fresh as possible.

Lads are going to have to dig so deep this April. Still - this is where we want to be.

Looks like we will be one short in midfield.. ie Keita injured. gawd knows how long
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What bad luck, who’d have seen that coming just as we enter the final stages of a very packed season.