Thread: Substitutions

Substitutions

@TimesSport

EXCLUSIVE: Premier League clubs are set to make a U-turn tomorrow and agree to five substitutions per team being permitted from next season

The issue is due to be voted on again by the top-flight clubs at a Premier League stakeholders meeting in London after several attempts over the past two years to increase the number of replacements were defeated.

Although the bigger clubs were in favour, there was strong opposition from the smaller and mid-sized teams, who believed it would give an advantage to the squads which have greater strength in depth.

The Premier League is the only major league in Europe to restrict the number to three but club sources say there is high confidence that there is now enough support for it to be increased to five, with a total of nine players allowed on the bench.

-----

Will be quite good for us if 5 subs goes through. Easier to keep multiple options happy, rotate in key positions, bring yellow-carded lads off, give more minutes to youth lads.

Fingers crossed.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

gone through

Bit harsh on the lower clubs, like Norwich lol

But it also means it's more important to have options on the bench, and not sell to buy policy.. I hope the front 3 stay or a good replacement for whoever goes, and Diaz and Jota, and carvahlo taking Origi's spot.

Probably could do with a upcoming right back too, but we have one in Neco hopefully he stays around if we have 5 subs and is used.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

It needed to go through, especially with the ridiculous fixture congestion and that being constantly added to by pointless money spinning international friendlies in the modern game and to think they accused the ESL clubs of greed, cheeky cunts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    gone through

Bit harsh on the lower clubs, like Norwich lol
    I'm curious to see how it works out for "lower" clubs actually. It's easy to assume that top sides can just bring more attacking options on against knackered opposition but equally sides that have dug in and managed to keep it 0-0 until the 80th minute may benefit from having more capacity to throw the kitchen sink at the last 5-10 minutes of a match for a late win, or sides that have unexpectedly got an early lead and defended it can bring more defenders on.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay