Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Benfica

sorry to hear a man who took ill prior to the game last night sadly died..RIP and condolences to his family
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think it's been working for us for the majority of the season - second best defence in the League for goals conceded.

Last night we had a back four that hadn't played as a unit so marginal errors (all it takes) can be expected really.

Every chance we finish with 90+ points, having won a League Cup, having reached at least the FA Cup semi-final (possibly further) and the Champion's League semi-final (possibly further) so in overall terms we are doing pretty well.

Always room for tweaks of course, but they are just that at this stage - tiny little details. If I would point a finger at any perceived flaw I'd most like eradicated (that we can actually control, unlike VAR handouts to Man City) it's points dropped from winning positions.
    Remember at the beginning of the season many felt we'd struggle to challenge for any silverware due to lack of transfers. It's amazing what Klopp has achieved. They really need to free up some funds to keep up the momentum
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Henderson had a great first half last night I thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Shows how we all see the game differently. I thought Hendo played well at 6. Some nice link up play, especially in the first half.
    Agreed, and very poignantly, when he wasn't on the pitch, our midfield went to shit again - People are quick to forget the incredible difference Hendo's introduction in the first leg of the game v Inter made, and he was brought on for Fabinho, who most of us thought had been our best player, but it demonstrated perfectly the massive difference in how we play with either of them at No6

We have a lot of posters here who are always looking for any excuse to knock our Captain, who want to knock him and champion other players who have delivered and produced nothing or precious little at best, it's a status quo thing, they can't help themselves

The Ferdinand mini doc on Hendo showed he passes the ball forward more than any other midfielder in the Prem, if you're doing that, you will likely give the ball away a little more than the ones constantly playing the easy balls sideways and backwards all game

People make stuff up just to slate Hendo too, I see posts in match thread saying he's been caught in possession, he's given it away in a dangerous area, sat there watching the game, wondering what they're watching or smoking, as much as I stick up for Hendo, when he does things like that, which he barely ever does, I'll be one of the first to cunt him off for it, fortunately him doing such things is an absolute rarity, unless you don't watch the match and just read the match thread
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Remember at the beginning of the season many felt we'd struggle to challenge for any silverware due to lack of transfers. It's amazing what Klopp has achieved. They really need to free up some funds to keep up the momentum
    Winning the Champion's League or the League would definitely help "bolster the coffers" as they say. Fingers crossed there.

Milner's wages might go this Summer, same for Ox, same for Karius, same for Origi - plus Woodburn could be sold (he's still ours, yes?) and potentially Nat Phillips (hopefully £12m or more) and Ben Davies (still ours, yes?) and then Minamino may be sold if the right offer arrives or we feel we need funds.

Can't speak for fees but in terms of wages, if a good chunk of the above list moves on then there's quite a bit of wiggle-room for paying players, without it being of huge detriment to the squad.

That's very encouraging.

If anyone does want to talk about 'giving the ball away in dangerous areas' can they explain why a certain mid who hasn't delivered gets a free pass for this and is our midfielder most guilty of it?

In the game v City, this player played an absolutely needless and ridiculous cross field switch to Trent about 10 yards outside our area, when all our players in that area, including Trent, were under a very strong and aggressive press, that was never in a million years on that led to City getting possession there and nearly creating an opening - Not one of those posters who picks at every single instance Hendo misplaces a pass in an area you might expect a defender or mid to block or intercept, because he's passing forward with purpose to try and release a forward and not in a dangerous area for it to be intercepted, said a fucking word about it, one even had the temerity to have a go at me for calling that player out for pertinently failing to deliver what he was bought to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”