Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Some say Man City were under-strength yesterday because they were missing several key players, while others say we have several key players go missing in Salah and Robertson. Game of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Some say Man City were under-strength yesterday because they were missing several key players, while others say we have several key players go missing in Salah and Robertson. Game of opinions.
    who were the missing? apart from Walker the rest were fit
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Kevin de Bruyne on bench but just for show. Definitely not fit

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Somewhere on these threads I vouched for Konate being picked to start and then to score a thumping header and then Mane scoring the match winner. What do I know?
    I think I recall you posting that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Them not having Walker fit fucks them up, that's why Simeone was an absolute muppet spending the entire first leg they were without Walker and Dias defending, sad look out for alleged professionals when they don't even know attacking them in the absence of those two and trying to get a first leg lead was always going to be their best chance of progressing

Somewhere on these threads I vouched for Konate being picked to start and then to score a thumping header and then Mane scoring the match winner. What do I know?
    Matip named Premier League POTM
    Think konate will play in semi and score a thumping header
    Happy Birthday Mane
    Great goal Sadio. Happy birthday. Get plenty more for us and matchwinner in the semi!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

The offending passage of play that highlights the cause. It wasn’t Robertson’s day. Not sure why he was so nervous, but being more alert and playing a simple infield ball to the expectant Thiago keeps possession. Instead he panics and tries to run Foden, and fails, gets pressed into error and passes to Fernandinho and we are now caught hopelessly wrong footed and out of position.
    Still don't see how Fernandinho's interception equates to the goal being all Robbo's fault, some people here just pick and choose who's fault it is based on their prejudices, it's a team game, I've seen instances of giveaways similar to, or just like that with other players, who because it doesn't suit people we get what the story here actually was "X may have given the ball away, but there were 3 or 4 players who were out of position or who should have done better before that finished in a goal" seen that kind of thing so many times

And the offending passage of play before the second goal.

Don't see what's especially wrong with that, he didn't have anywhere else to go but to try and play it forward, again lots happened and lots of other players could have done something to prevent that becoming a goal

And Robbo for the second goal just moments after the above.

Love the guy to bits and he can be fantastic, but why is Tsimikas on the bench when he is on fire and Robbo clearly could use a rest?
    Again, other players didn't do enough, he has to be between Sterling and Mahrez because of where Virgil is, the ball is a great ball, but no pressure on the ball, he is by no means the first and certainly won't be the last player to get done by Mahrez, the goal's a bit jammy too, as Virgil and Big Bear look to have it covered and it quite spawnily goes through them, shit happens sometimes