Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Designated playmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    My belief is we don't need a designated playmaker if that is a deliberate thing, all the players contributing to making the play makes us stronger and better, the only time we had a highly productive playmaker was when Hendo became our accidental playmaker at No6 in 2019-2020, we could do with more of that from No6, not as a designated playmaker, but in our system the ball goes back to the No6 so many times in a game, if our No6 is able to play the right balls to the right players at the right times for them to play their part in making the play, which is what I saw happening frequently in 19-20, then that's a very good thing in my book, a necessary thing in my opinion
    I think I'm right in saying Virgil has made the most passes for us this season. Obviously when we build from the back the ball is going into the midfield. Then us being in the final 3rd at this point with teams sitting deep, you need the best passers on the ball with movement in front of them. You have to give the opposition credit sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He was for sure, not sure I'd write him off for the season yet but this is an unusually poor spell but he's had the AFCON plus the contract nonsense.
    I certainly wouldnt be shocked to see him be the difference in our big games remaining.
    Bloody right, there's noway he's "rested " for the final games of the season if it goes that far.