Page 143 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4393133136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Good job it's not being replaced by another little tournament this year...
    Indeed - that is a pain - but thankfully that isn't an issue that has an effect every season or every second season - plus if we're lucky will be a Summer tournament, more often that not - though I guess that depends on the States.

Pearce in on the Núñez stuff - same basic info about us being very keen but not wanting to be "held to ransom" and all that, ie we will have an earmarked amount and likely won't go above.

Pearce is generally the journo I wait to see reporting on stuff more than most when it comes to us.

Hopefully £70m or so would be enough. If we ended up getting £35m for Mane and the reported £17m for Minamino (who is wanted by 4 clubs apparently!) then we look at a net transfer fee of £18m. Could recoup even more if one of Ox or Phillips goes and nobody would be saying that we had massively weakened the squad.

Indeed, if the above business happened, we'd likely have enough for a midfielder (maybe the £35m-£45m range rather than a Bellingham) if Klopp wants one and could see where we are next Summer. I try not to pin too much hope on an eventual Bellingham transfer given what we are seeing with fees/wages for the likes of Mbop and Brienne of Tarth but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It has to be remembered that in the last 2 seasons FSG have let a player in a key area go and failed to replace them and it has cost us very dearly, selling and not replacing Lovren and letting Gini leave and not replacing him were both examples of a false economy, had we replaced both, we would have created greater revenue than the revenue we lost through not replacing them, revenue as in immediate revenue for winning competitions or further participation in them and future revenue from 'building the brand' through winning further top honours

Why blame FSG solely !!

Season before last
    Nat Philips was just waiting for a chance to show his worth, got LFC top4 and then brought Bournemouth back to the Premier League.
    Klopp and the transfer committee signing 2 centrebacks who couldn't even best the wonderkid.
    Maybe Klopp would have used Dejan earlier, but it's not like Lovren is the rock to build your church upon.
    Klopp and the transfer committee deciding to use Fab as a 4th centre back on occasion, with a fattened midfield with the addition of Thiago.
    A world class addition in the minds of many more than in the Dejan camp.
    An injury ravaged season. Dirty blueshites

This season
    Added Konate, pushing Fab back into midfield.
    Gini leaves for his dream move to Bar€a..... but Barca are broke and he moves to P$G.
    We won 2 cups, lost a CL that I'm not so sure Ginj would have won us. We ran city close and over the past few seasons in the league. Putting us as the 2 highest point getters in Europe's top5 leagues. Phenomenal intensity. A season where Taki proved more pivotal than Grealish. But he's not good enough and couldn't get a game as Salah stunk the place out
    Maybe watching a worthless Taki play in his absence could have helped refocus.....
    Maybe adapting the setup to maximise the squads depth of talent...
    A more attacking setup, a top dog approach...

20/21 our season fell apart after a good start, made top4 in epic fashion.

21/22 nearly won a quad, then a treble, and finished with the more disappointing double

It amazes me that we are still arguing about the squad building expertise and commitment of the current set up

I can accept that people imagine they would do things differently but a little humility would compel anyone to admit that they couldn’t do things this well. There is a reason why we are sat behind our laptops and are not the owners of the best team in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It amazes me that we are still arguing about the squad building expertise and commitment of the current set up

I can accept that people imagine they would do things differently but a little humility would compel anyone to admit that they couldn’t do things this well. There is a reason why we are sat behind our laptops and are not the owners of the best team in the world
    This post doesn't contain enough disparaging comments about the owners, nor does it speak of Gini's absence as if we lost a Gerrard+Makelele hybrid.

This is June and we didn't win a Quad. It is despair time. Please resubmit your LFC Online application form.

There is a reason why we are sat behind our laptops and are not the owners of the best team in the world
    Klopp.

Tell me Klopp doesn't win comfortably more had he gone to United, Chelsea or god forbid even bloody Spurs. Look at the squad he inherited.. He has been off the charts incredible.

Don't go down this Rabbit warren again.

Thank you. It astounds me that even after what we've achieved (and it could have been more) people breakdown and analyse every decision. It's easy with hindsight!

Have a view. Have an opinion. But let's be honest, people have less than 5% of the insight into what's going on at the club. It's easy to say, "we shoulda done this..." or "dropped blah" or "bought him in" .....

I'm convinced that Mane's contract stance and wanting to leave is not news to the club. Whether we agree Diaz was his replacement or not. This will not have taken them by surprise.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

@_pauljoyce

Liverpool reject new offer from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane, which would have only reached £30m with multiple CL and Ballon d'Or wins. Player valued at around £42.5m.

Bayern are such jokers. Hope we can beat them over two legs in the Champion's League next season.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Klopp kinda played Gini all the time. he was one of first men on the team sheet. We got away with it. for the most part. But the midfielders who started had to play way to many minutes. It was basically Henderson/Fab/Thiago/Keita and no one else apart from the odd game for Jones and even less for Milner. we were always 1 midfielder short.
    Gini was a top top player, him being LCM controller and driving the ball forward worked incredibly well for us and he was absolutely integral to our Champions League and Premier League wins

It seems to be lost on people, maybe wilfully so, be we effectively replaced him with Thiago, who only has 3 assists and although he plays some absolutely fantastic passes in isolation that are a joy to behold, they don't release our players as they need to for them to try and create and assist and he hogs the ball and stops Virgil, Trent and Hendo who are actually better than him at releasing our players as described despite him being a far superior passer of the ball technically

Gini, although not the best passer, did regularly release Robbo and Mane on his side and play triangles with them that worked well to this effect too with simple 10-15 yard passes

The fact remains, Thiago hasn't improved our midfield, an improvement would be winning one of our games v City while continuing to beat Chelsea and Spurs in both games, we didn't manager to beat Chelsea in 4 games this season and failed to score in all 3 of the finals we reached, the idea of signing Thiago was that he'd put goals on a plate for our forwards and release them and our full backs to put goals on a plate, it hasn't materialised yet and he's been here 2 seasons

I think he has been a poor signing, we were better with Gini, played simple passes on his side that did release Robbo and Mane in combination and helped cover up Fabinho's deficiencies hugely
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    @_pauljoyce

Liverpool reject new offer from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane, which would have only reached £30m with multiple CL and Ballon d'Or wins. Player valued at around £42.5m.

Bayern are such jokers. Hope we can beat them over two legs in the Champion's League next season.
    If they are as toothless as Germany were last night - we will.