Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premier League team of the season

I did say “Modric Light” as nobody is in his class.

But I think you are being overly harsh on Thiago.

This isn’t aimed at you but a general feeling towards those who seem to expect the earth from him:

Are people suggesting that we get close to top 4 last season minus the Captain, Fab and all senior CB’S from a massively losing position?

Are they suggesting that we carried Thiago to the brink of a quadruple this season? Are they saying that the massive points upturn when he plays versus when he doesn’t, is coincidental? other factors? The wind perhaps? VAR? The smell of Pep’s farts?

I don’t get it. It feels like some expected Diego flippin Maradona. Well we all want him to be fair but there never will be a player like that again - most likely

What we have is one of - if not - the most technically gifted midfielders in the league, he is a huge upgrade technically on anything we have or have had since Xabi bloomin Alonso.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th June 2022 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I did say “Modric Light” as nobody is in his class.

But I think you are being overly harsh
    The measure of the difference, was Modric seizing advantage of Thiago getting badly out of position going the wrong side of him trying to win the ball, to then burst forward 5-10 yards with it, to then twice put Thiago on his arse, to then find Casemiro to create the situation for Real to score the winning goal in the Champions League final

One does those things, the other doesn't or hasn't in a Liverpool shirt, you see with Modric and all those types of players and with DMs also, I absolutely love what they do at their best, I having complete and total appreciation on those little things that so many people miss they do that are so integral and important, I look for them, I have looked for them and studied them for a very long time, you think I guess you're somehow trying to educate me on what they are when I'm more acutely aware of the more as acutely aware of them as you are

Where we differ, is for me, they have to produce something as it is clear to see they do with Modric, Thiago's aren't producing Steveo, as much as you and Jurgen love him and want them to be doing and bizarrely believe they are doing, I've watched and studied such players for a very long time, at Barca and Bayern, Thiago did deliver, he isn't doing it here, he isn't an influential player, apart from negatively hogging the ball and not letting Virgil, Hendo and Trent get on it and massively reducing our ability to be direct and on the counter which he has done such a superb job of in 2 short seasons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Whoscoreds TOTS

Alisson (6.9)
    Trent (7.5) Matip (7.4) VVD (7.2) Cancello (7.4)
    Salah (7.5) KDB (7.6) Rodri (7.4) Son (7.5)
    Kane (7.5) Mane (7.3)