Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend games

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As much as that error today stood out, he does make a lot of saves.

However, he is rubbish at literally everything else - dealing with crosses, distribution, being available for passes back, pushing up - if they want to evolve in any way, he is the first one they need to bin. Their greatest strength is their biggest weakness and it's glorious.

Ronaldo is similar. De Gea makes saves but does little else. Ronaldo scores goals but does little else.

Systems and tactics are so important these days and the red half of Manchester is still living in the late 90s to mid 00s.
    Really good points, utd could always rely on de gea ( though seldom had to ) Ronaldo is finished in the utd team , and he knows it. Exceptional talent but passed it. Now it is serious meltdown, managers post match interview was revealing as it revealed nothing that they hadn’t shown in pre-season. Maguire…Christ !
    It’s so lovely to gloat but let’s forget them and concentrate on their oily neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Nice pass from Maguire
    Told you he was good… told you…

And btw - see if you can comprehend what Gary is on about. He isn’t wrong and it’s what could easily happen to us without Klopp.

Really give it some thought.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th August 2022 at 09:33 PM.

The bit where he says you can’t blame the manager you have to go above, you have to go to the very top
    ?

Yes, I fully agree with him

“The business is failing it’s the owners of that business at fault”

Wise words from Gary Neville

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    “The business is failing it’s the owners of that business at fault”

Wise words from Gary Neville
    You don’t really listen do you.

Feel sorry for you mate. It’s going to be a hard fall when the walls you have built come tumbling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You don’t really listen do you.

Feel sorry for you mate. It’s going to be a hard fall when the walls you have built come tumbling down.
    I listened to Gary Neville in the video you posted. Did you? He’s been trying to work it out as well and has a good vantage point for understanding what’s happening there

Feel sorry for you mate.
    Thanks mate. I know you love me

was it £550M worth of players v £50M today, something was posted up in the bottom of the tv screen but cant be sure. unless the Glazers are shortlisting or pushing those players onto the various managers then they arent bad owners. Spent more on players per season than FSG and with lower tkt prices than us. they or their CEOs like woodward or arnold are though culpable for appointing wring managers time after time. boo hoo lol

see if you can comprehend what Gary is on about. He isn’t wrong
    I personally find it hard to take Gary "something's not quite right at Liverpool" Neville terribly seriously.

He's cited Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle as ownership models because they have "injected their own money" rather than spend money they generate - so he's basically advocating the breach of FFP and (between the lines) essentially praying for a big spending State to come in and buy them out of their trouble.

This from the same fella who, 12 months ago or whatever it was spent about 30 minutes going on about spending getting out of control and the European Super League / current ownership models being too much, as if he was some sort of Messianic Che Guevara type figure who could see a revolution going forward.

He's spoken of a decrepit stadium. Thankfully not a worry for us as we developed one stand and have £80m set aside for another.

He's spoken of them needing a sporting Director. We have an excellent strategy in place through our own set-up.

His stint at Valencia says more about his level of knowledge than most of his statements I reckon.

It’s been the failure of their recruitment all along. The money they’ve spunked on the likes of Maguire, Pogba, Ronaldo, Cavani, etc, could buy Brentford lock stock and barrel. They’ve just continually gone for the big names and the quick fix.

I’m failing to see what the owners have done wrong. Technically, they can’t invest their own money without breaching the financial regulations, any more than FSG can invest their own money at Liverpool. having said that, I’m not sure he’ll Spurs have financed their massive expansion over the last few years.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!