Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Man Utd v Liverpool

Disappointing but not too surprised. We worked our socks off last season. Not too many easy wins. Many were hard fought one goal wins. A team fantastic at hoovering up points but not a fantastic team. Man City are a fantastic team. We're basically spent.
    Klopp has managed to get a lot out of a little for a long while now. It's the hope that kills you. I think I will enjoy this season as there is no hope of achieving what we did last. I can enjoy each match as a stand alone entity unlike each game being 1/38 of a season long story.
    Sad that the recent trophy count is unkind relative to our efforts but this has happened to many over the years. Wenger's Arsenal, Keegan's Newcastle, Robson's Ipswich even Revies Leeds. We're not alone in this. Enjoy this year's stress free ride.

Correct Jinky

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Disappointing but not too surprised. We worked our socks off last season. Not too many easy wins. Many were hard fought one goal wins. A team fantastic at hoovering up points but not a fantastic team. Man City are a fantastic team. We're basically spent.
    Klopp has managed to get a lot out of a little for a long while now. It's the hope that kills you. I think I will enjoy this season as there is no hope of achieving what we did last. I can enjoy each match as a stand alone entity unlike each game being 1/38 of a season long story.
    Sad that the recent trophy count is unkind relative to our efforts but this has happened to many over the years. Wenger's Arsenal, Keegan's Newcastle, Robson's Ipswich even Revies Leeds. We're not alone in this. Enjoy this year's stress free ride.
    I think you are right but if we can get everyone back fit and start rotating like we did at the back of last season AND bring in a new midfielder we can get going again.

Also, how the hell are we decimated by an injury crisis at the beginning of the season?
    A few weeks into the Season, I can maybe understand.
    But we're barely three games and three weeks in and Klopp doesn't have anyone to pick for the midfield and barely anything in the cupboard for the upfront.

Is this a problem with our physio department with the same players getting the same recurrent injuries? Our training methods, or just our recruiting department that never seems to do their homework on player durability?

Not that long ago we famously or rather infamously pulled out of a deal for that Fekir fella because he supposedly had a dodgy knee, and yet to my recollection, I don't believe the lad has missed any significant time playing thanks to said dodgy knee.
    And yet player after player that we do seem to buy seem to get into these sorts of injury ruts.

What the hell is going on?

I get that some of it has to do with our playing style, wherein you have to bust a gut a lot to play Klopp's system, and not every player is built for that.
    But, come on!

And why would the club be hesitant too ship out injury-questionable players - particularly when they want to leave and there's something in it for us (Keita), when we should be replacing them with more durable hardy players?

That Klopp's not going to make a substitution and until long after the 60th minute and after we're 2-0 down because he doesn't trust the bench players to give him more, even when the starting eleven are clearly giving him nowt, is an indictment to the club at the moment.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I was thinking that too, when did all those players get injured?
    The squad looks bare.
    Maybe what Sid was saying he heard is true, about them having an intense pre season. It would ne crazy if so when they had just played the max amount of games last season.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think you are right but if we can get everyone back fit and start rotating like we did at the back of last season AND bring in a new midfielder we can get going again.
    Getting a few lads back would be great - it's been a real frustration that so many have been out at once. If a forward is out, I back the centre-backs to keep a clean sheet or "only" concede one to give the attackers an easier time. If a defender is missing I back the forwards to take the pressure off by converting chances. If midfielders are out it disrupts defensive and creative cohesion.

Having Matip and Konate out.
    Having Jota and Núñez (not injured I know) out.
    Having Thiago and Keita out.

Very bad luck. Even if 4 or 5 of them are out you feel you find something, somewhere - but not all 6 simultaneously.

Even taking one specifically - we'll go with Núñez for example's sake, one player - you're talking a threat in the box, pace in vertical transitions, an out-ball, plus a defensive and attacking contributor for set pieces.

A pain. Klopp will have to find solutions. I'm not "excited" about that in the way I would be if we looked domineering and at our best, but it will be a point of interest at least.

(Also, great post jinky.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Also, how the hell are we decimated by an injury crisis at the beginning of the season?
    Trying to squeeze in too many pre-season games when the players had barely had a break anyway

bringing back Mo's favourite physio, teams always get injuries when they change physios, it happens time after time after time, their bodies are incredibly taught and fine tuned. so if their routine of what they have been doing for a year or two changes, they get injuries

It often happens when teams get new managers with different drills and fitness work and stretching to what their bodies are used to as well
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1561803394091712512

Maybe southgate knows a bit better than us about his england rb selections..[
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1561803394091712512

Maybe southgate knows a bit better than us about his england rb selections..[
    Yeah, but if Gomez had just sauntered over he could have stopped the shot

Attach a at the end of the sentence above if there's any confusion