Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’ll be back at full tilt for klopps final 2 seasons. I still expect another title and cl from this side or the side it will eventually morph into. Midfield has to be rebuilt. Tbh I think all of our stalwarts in midfield are in trouble including fab. They have to get this right in time for next season. We’ll finish top 4 comfortably imo. League is shit.
    Defo right about midfield. It needs a full overhaul. As much as I like Fab he's not as good as he was, Hendo clearly in the twilight years,Milner in truth shouldn't have been kept nd Thiago is just out with injuries too often. Age catches them all eventually and we've allowed the grass to grow around them all.
    Not so sure about comfortable top 4 finish. We need to get going ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not so sure about comfortable top 4 finish. We need to get going ASAP.
    Grind wins, build as we go. Baby steps.

The one side that everyone would bank on finishing in the Champion's League spots is Man City. So if we think of ourselves as long-distance runners and them as the pace-setter out in front, we just need to stay as close to them as we can for as long as possible.

Tottenham next for them in the League. Maybe they draw that and get to 15 points - maybe we beat Wolves and reach 12. Close the gap from 5 down to 3. Ticked off one more League fixture as we chalk off the total of 16 that happen before the World Cup break.

One at a time, cross fingers for the "right" results in other games. All we can do. Every chance we have a frustrating draw against Wolves but all we can do is will the lads on.

I thought today was better and we'd have won but for Pickford

Elliott made triangles and link up far better with Mo and Trent, the best he has to date and played some nice passes of the type we need at times

Gomez was better as a last resort, but he needs drilling on that really bad habit of not having the nerve to hold the line with the other lads and dropping deeper than the rest, he keeps doing it and it almost cost a goal today as he played 2 runners on in one of the bitters rare forays

We had more runs in behind, we had Nunez running across the line in behind the full back on a few occasions when Diaz or Mo had come short

We looked better on the counter

It was our most 'like Liverpool' display of the season so far and looked like a getting back to basics of doing the things a lack of CBs stopped us doing as we used to in 20/21 that we never re-established for whatever reason

The press and counter pressed improve a little, it's lacking the intensity Mane constantly offered in it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I thought today was better and we'd have won but for Pickford

Elliott made triangles and link up far better with Mo and Trent, the best he has to date and played some nice passes of the type we need at times

Gomez was better as a last resort, but he needs drilling on that really bad habit of not having the nerve to hold the line with the other lads and dropping deeper than the rest, he keeps doing it and it almost cost a goal today as he played 2 runners on in one of the bitters rare forays

We had more runs in behind, we had Nunez running across the line in behind the full back on a few occasions when Diaz or Mo had come short

We looked better on the counter

It was our most 'like Liverpool' display of the season so far and looked like a getting back to basics of doing the things a lack of CBs stopped us doing as we used to in 20/21 that we never re-established for whatever reason

The press and counter pressed improve a little, it's lacking the intensity Mane constantly offered in it
    I think someone got lucky last night!!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    i think someone got lucky last night!!
    lol
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

In a neutral view, take off your rose tinted goggles

Should VVD have been sent off yesterday ?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I thought we did ok. It was always going to be that type of game with the atmosphere and our injuries etc.

Mo is far too wide at the moment - he can't influence games from that position

Also, did anyone notice the "throw-in routine"
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Defo. If that's against us we are screaming red. I thought so straight away.

Yep he should have gone.

No worst than Pickford on Virgil when he "done "him .