Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Napoli v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Wow milner at right back.

Once again, he is now officially Gary Neville in his final season.
    Weaker, slower and always that split sec late in the challenge.
    He should not be playing unless we're winning by a big margin or its vs a lower league team in carabao etc.
    Milner is a better right back than a midfielder. never rated him in there. Hes old and decrepit now. but who else can play right back now? if Trent carries on not bothering.. we have massive issues
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Milner is a better right back than a midfielder. never rated him in there. Hes old and decrepit now. but who else can play right back now? if Trent carries on not bothering.. we have massive issues
    People forget Gomez was a right back before being converted to a center back. He is quicker than Milner who is absolutely not suited for a Klopp style right back. He would be and has been torched playing there especially now. The problem with Gomez is he doesn’t fit what Klopp wants which basically a right and left back that plays like a wing back pressing high up the pitch. Gomez isn’t gifted with the crossing and attacking skills Trent has. Milner is a horror show at right back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The man has been spinning plates for 4 years straight. Had one glimmer of spending like an elite club after the Coutinho windfall and took us all the way to the top, FSG have had him trying to stay there on a relative pittance.

As I argued in 202”/21…too many players have played too many games without any proper rotation.

Boom and Bust
    If anyone has a conversation with anyone about us all you need to do is repeat this post.
    Nail on the head , Steveo.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    People forget Gomez was a right back before being converted to a center back. He is quicker than Milner who is absolutely not suited for a Klopp style right back. He would be and has been torched playing there especially now. The problem with Gomez is he doesn’t fit what Klopp wants which basically a right and left back that plays like a wing back pressing high up the pitch. Gomez isn’t gifted with the crossing and attacking skills Trent has. Milner is a horror show at right back now.
    I wouldn't have gomez in the 11 right now. hes all over the place.. he looks like a man with 3 legs.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I wouldn't have gomez in the 11 right now. hes all over the place.. he looks like a man with 3 legs.
    Agree he is a wreck right now. Selling Nico wasn’t a great move. Although Klopp wouldn’t have played him anyways, look at poor Tsimikas. Robbo is just as poor as Trent overall now and Tsimikas still rarely starts.

dont think taa can play as a wingback with this midfield mess. can we go with 3 CBs to. cover the gaps in behind him until its all sorted? or maybe Ramsay is pencilled in as a less fed playing fullback with trent moving to RCM in future? he reminds me of beckham a little but wasnt he the right hand side of a 4 man midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Gomez does have reasonable pace at least, plus if someone skins him by cutting inside they'll still have to beat Matip.

Much as I would love to bomb Gomez out of the XI entirely just now, he is probably (temporarily) our best option at right-back right now.

Could always have a tactical giggle and stick Robertson in there with Tsimikas at left-back.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If anyone has a conversation with anyone about us all you need to do is repeat this post.
    Nail on the head , Steveo.
    100% right there Steveo. ( cant find his post where he's said it so I'll piggy back off your reply Ian la'). 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So are you saying a midfield of Elliott - Milner - Hendo... would have changed our fortunes last night?.
    No I'm not saying that, I am saying that we need a new, proper and actual No6 moving forward quite urgently

We're always better as a team when Henderson plays because he supports others with his reading of the game and positioning better than any of our other midfielders, communicates better and the press and counter press is always better, I have never seen it so desperately poor since Jurgen took the reigns as it was last night, absolute disaster

The Elliott playing at RCM, ahead of Mo at times and no support for Trent that side has been a disaster in my opinion, I don't think he should play there, him having a right foot he only uses for standing in that position is sheer fucking idiocy too, it needs a right footer there or a two footed player - I don't think any player in the modern game should be so one footed as Elliott is, I loathe it

We won 5-0 at old toilet last year with a midfield of Keita Hendo Milner/Jones Milner tweaking a hamstring in the first half

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Henderson Milner/Jones

Salah Bobby Jota

Kind of makes a mockery of your comments on certain players not being up to it or anyone's comments of it being about missing Mane
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We did win 5:0 in that game - and we were ruthless up top and United were shocking, that night and on many other occasions. They got beat 4:0 at home by Brentford. Would you choose Brentford’s midfield? Dasilva Norgaard and Jansen to fight City with?

Honestly dude nobody can cite one game as proof of anything.

What is clear from a decent amount of games is that playing Milner at this stage of his career alongside a young and inexperienced player like Elliott (who has been decent tbf) is asking for trouble, regardless of whether it’s Hendo or Fabinho tasked.