Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Game 2 Champions League other Matches

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd also add that, according to a number of Reds on the Twittersphere and (if I recall correctly) the season was "over" after 2 games anyway. So if that is anyone's stance, just treat the upcoming Rollercoaster until May as a bonus round - a free hit - and enjoy the craziness of the free kicks, the counter-attacks, the tackles, the Thiago touches, the hilarious blazes over the bar and all the other weirdness that footie throws up.

Not to mention that we haven't actually been knocked out of the League Cup yet - or the FA Cup - and that a win in our next Champion's League game would begin to instil belief that we might have Champion's League knockout football to look forward to in the New Year - a treat that we should never take for granted, no matter how good we get. It's a privilege that many football fans never get to enjoy.

Who knows - might even get a lucky draw against Bayer Leverkusen or Sporting Lisbon or something and before you know it we're in a quarter-final.

A few leaves have wilted in the garden, but we aren't dead yet.
    Would like to see klopp truly "reinvent" a little bit this season as he himself said. We know he's a one trick pony but most of the time that trick works! Would be interesting to see if he can conjure something different. If we could get Nunez firing and keep Thiago fit I think we could start to turn things around for a start. Both are a bit different to what we've had in klopp's "phase 1".

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

The Carvalho winner against Newcastle and the Matip winner against Ajax can definitely give us a percentage of extra belief going forward. Much as it would mean bitten nails for the guts of the 90 minutes, I'm actually hoping for another late winner in the fixture against Brighton. Late winners can instil self-belief in us, whilst also making the opposition more error-prone in the closing stages of games.
    I'd rather we just had a strong 3 nil win. I know we put nine past a truly woeful Bournemouth but apart from that game we haven't looked composed or organised in any of our games. A solid performance, with a goal a piece from the front three - will do me fine.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"