Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Leeds Utd

While City and Newcastle are indeed a problem, there's no excuse for not investing in midfield for as many transfer windows as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Love how the fa and government got involved in ESL but same people are numb on 2 governments taking over the league to sportswash their deeds. "Staggering"
    As I have mentioned to Taksin - this is pretty obvious. To me at least.

US Owners, and their combined might and with Real, Barca, Juve, Spurs etc - don’t carry the same clout as their government. Petrodollar states are crucial geopolitical allies so nobody can throw them out. Certainly not the tiny English FA or a pathetic UK Govt.

See what happens the minute an owner falls foul of US foreign policy,.. ahem - Roman.

Gone - in an instant and without any legal framework.
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th October 2022 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    While City and Newcastle are indeed a problem, there's no excuse for not investing in midfield for as many transfer windows as I can remember.
    Precisely the petrodollar state owners are no excuse as to why we can’t at least back our manager!

A manager who recently admitted we are a sell to buy club. Sell to buy.. despite the massive achievement. No leeway, just a cold hard self sustaining rigid model that is ultimately designed to mirror the target of their empire. Stan Kroenke

Winning isn’t the game here. A cash cow IS!
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th October 2022 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    That is very true.

What we do know is player prices have gone through the roof and we wont spend enough to fix it.

Put simply without being sportswashed we arent competiting its a view i've had for a while and now Newcastle are here it is very obvious to me.

Just watch Newcastle a joke of a club/fanbase start signing the top talent in the next 12-18 months.

We're finished at the top table with FSG and owners like them.

I am not anti FSG the model they use "should" be how the game is but we all know it isnt like that now.

We not moneyball our way out of this and as i've mentioned several times we not get anyone close to Klopp.

Agree. All it takes to fix this is to actually IMPLEMENT FFP

But…..

….that seems fanciful.

In the current state of play - their model is fine for them, but not for us. Something has to change.

We could be competitive IF FFP were in action and working. So could Wolves bTw, and West Ham.

I hope we aren’t in danger of saying we want that ESL to maintain our own ability to compete while relegating those less fortunate to being locked out?

That’s saying if you can’t beat them - join them:
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th October 2022 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It isn't the only metric, but the opposition have outran us in 8 of our 12 League games now.

- Does the midfield simply not have the "legs" anymore?
    - Are lads projecting themselves from muscle injuries close to the World Cup?
    - Have we been instructed to "play within ourselves" against certain opposition to reduce injury risk, with the thought process being that we should have enough quality to beat sides like Forest and Leeds without out-working them?
    - All of the above?
    In the past, win, lose or draw I’ve always been “happy” if the effort is there. Last night, for the first time in years, we were out-performed in the graft department… at home to Leeds. That’s simply not good enough.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree. All it takes to fix this is to actually IMPLEMENT FFP

But…..

….that seems fanciful.

In the current state of play - their model is fine for them, but not for us. Something has to change.

We could be competitive IF FFP were in action and working. So could Wolves bTw, and West Ham.

I hope we aren’t in danger of saying we want that ESL to maintain our own ability to compete while relegating those less fortunate to being locked out?

That’s saying if you can’t beat them - join them:
    The ESL came around as Uefa are a joke with their new CL format. They've also proved to be an organisation that cannot enforce its own rules. The CAS overturning the City ban.

Barca are in trouble as they competed at the top end of the market and were badly run. Real are all for it too, as they can see their inability to compete over a longer term.

I want the ESL as it offers a better competition than Uefas new joke format for 2024.
    It takes power away from failed football authorities, and global governance in CAS.

At present LFC don't get their fair share from the PL, then they have to deal with Teams who break the rules, and the reality is that CL money can make or break their accounts.
    The PL has created parachute payments for the issues around relegation, and a get fucked to the top teams who have to deal with similar issues around CL finances. The teams that bring the audiences.
    Hopefully the next time the ESL comes round, fans will use it to get much cheaper tickets for themselves.

Oh dear..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh dear..
    If this short reply is to me, enjoy staying under UEFA and the even more detestable CAS.

It is aimed at you.

The ESL is a mirror of the US
    closed shop leagues.

It was envisioned by the US owners of the big English teams and it was halted the instant they were forced to pull out, by fan reaction. Don’t forget that. The people who go to games! Fairly important folk unless all you want is OUR fair share of the revenue… WTF?

Barca and Real and Juve and anyone else will naturally HAVE to be included as anyone who isn’t - gets left behind. It also appeals to anyone who wants to generate untold cash. And on a revolving door. It locks out the rest.

What you fail to see is that it will absolutely 100% happen in all but name. This genie does not go back inside the bottle. Using UEFA as a reason is bogus - they were just the excuse. Regardless it is the antithesis of everything that our football league was and has been for generations.
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th October 2022 at 04:58 PM.