Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Why do a lot of your discussions on a couple of different threads centre around LGBTQISM?
    I started the thread and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell BLM and LGBTQISM and Andrew Tate have to do with Liverpool FC ownership and/or Football Club ownership writ large.

If nothing else, the man has a talent for derailing and taking detours.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Argentina is permitted to criticise on the one hand, and not permitted in another. Is factual and not a contradiction.
    This is a new low in the supposed debate. We are reduced to arguing semantics

Are you still saying I contradicted myself or can we move on?

In the PL I see Poppies, BLM, Rainbows.
    If these are the symbols of the society, then surely discussing these issues, revered symbols, is to be promoted.

Like the case with CD earlier, I said these few young college women were asked about Andrew Tate. They said uh he's misogynistic and yet some couldn't define misogyny.

They could have said, he says nasty/mean stuff about women, that wouldn't be shocking.
    But saying someone is something like misogynistic, when you can't simply define misogyny is indicative of groupthink, parroting.

And in what way does this negate Andrew Tate's misogyny?

Does th notion that you found an example of a "few" (YOUR word) women who can't define misogyny, therefore invalidate all the other women who do find him misogynistic and do complain about it - and who CAN define misogyny - and their complaints?

Like, what was the whole point of that example in the first place?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    1 ) Weird choice to use as an example to make your point.

2) And how does "choice" factor into that?
    Particularly when the decision of death is not even your own.
    Kanye said that Slavery was a choice.
    The vast majority of slaves who died during slavery, DIDN'T CHOOSE slavery NOR death.

That's kind of the WHOLE point of slavery. You don't get a choice of much including what happens in or to your life.

What about this is so difficult for YOU or him to grasp?

3) Malcom X was raised in the old Segregated Jim Crow south of the US.

What's your excuse?
    You're a grown up adult (presumably),..living in the 21st Century and who shouldh know better and who probably does.

Exactly.

Which is why I described it as nonsensically STUPID and a STUPID opinion to have.

4) Anyone who thinks that abortion - which is more often than not a medical procedure that saves people's lives (The pregnant woman) - , or immigration, which is responsible for how human society today is shaped regardless of where you live on the face of this planet going back literally tens of thousands of years (you are where you are today because your human ancestors left Africa some several millennia ago to occupy a continent that had no human species) - are both part of some "successful eugenics program".....is,...welll....stupid.

I'm assuming you know the meaning of the word "Eugenics" otherwise I apologize for calling you stupid and we'll instead settle for ignorant.

I do know how to read.
    I also know STUPID when I see it.

5) Oh, you did defend and justify Hitler, or certainly his philosophy.
    You just did it in a snidely cowardly backhanded way.

6) As to your "everyone is racist" nonsense, you're probably confusing "racism" with tribalism or ethnocentrism at best or bigotry at worst, but why bother get into your deficiencies in semantics and lexicon.

Racism has to do with a power dynamic which is why it's often said that certain groups can't be racist towards other groups that inherently always hold a power advantage over them.
    It's the same way a woman can't be misogynist or sexist towards a man in a male-orientated and male-dominated society.
    She can be prejudiced - but that's a more generic way of putting it that circumvents the societal power dynamic relationship

*Witty

.....although,.....with you,...who knows?
    1) I brought up Trump/Obama and how people react to their rivals policy when presented as their own, and their reactions. I brought up tate to show how someone can use a word to describe someone, and not be able to explain it. Misogyny is quite a common word to hear.
    Tate supports women milking losers for money via their pussy, I don't think prostitution is good for either party.

2) bring up the full piece you are talking about please.
    Slaves can risk their lives to be free, some through fighting their captors, some through escaping to safeground elsewhere- this also had a risk of punishment torture/death.
    I wonder if Ye was talking about mental slavery, but as said not sure what you were specifically on about.

3) I talk about black/blacks as I'm talking about people of a race routinely referred to as black.
    9 million dead folk from hunger, are mostly in subsaharan Africa and are black, not African American.
    In my experience black is preffered by most. But then I meet more Africans than Americans.
    BLM stands for BlackLivesMatter, maybe you should start calling them out over their use of black to describe black people. Or the PL for promoting racsim through the use of "Black" Lives Matter.

4) eugencists introduced abortion. I've given a good breakdown, of something I don't support that is verifiable in data and detailed on previous pages.
    If it saves lives how many more deaths were there in the UK with 185,000 less abortions per year a little more than a half century ago?

5) can't help you with that,
    like your selection for me as a tate fan but not also an obama/trump fan, you seem to struggle with discussions. You drag what you need from these statements. (I do think trump was the best western leader in my lifetime, so trump fan would be fair, though I can accept he's flawed for sure. I'd rather live in a world with twitter people really upset than some more wars and crap foreign policy)
    I've given the benefits of 9 million extra blacks being aborted for economic and eugenic benefits. I disagree with it. By explaining it, I don't agree with it.

Hitler didn't like the Jews as richer groups are often perceived to be greedy, and their wealth from oppression.
    In terms of class politics this is quite common, the gredy rich and the oppressed poor. BLM presented whites as oppressors, all Ye did is look up to another group. Its the same process different groups.

6) you can take it up with John Barnes, whose said similar and you can find studies that refute the ones I've presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    And in what way does this negate Andrew Tate's misogyny?

Does th notion that you found an example of a "few" (YOUR word) women who can't define misogyny, therefore invalidate all the other women who do find him misogynistic and do complain about it - and who CAN define misogyny - and their complaints?

Like, what was the whole point of that example in the first place?
    I've replied to this below. If those same young college attending women had said they think he says a lot of nasty/hateful stuff about women that would be fine by me. I support free expression, I even would agree with them in parts.
    The point was how people can say things about someone, but not know what they've said. Other women said misogyny, and knew what it meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    This is a new low in the supposed debate. We are reduced to arguing semantics

Are you still saying I contradicted myself or can we move on?
    It is true that they are free/permitted and not free/permitted in each of these scenarios to criticise, but they are therefore not free to criticise.

But let's move on. It's not a particularly important point.

But let's move on. It's not a particularly important point.
    so you concede I wasn't contradicting myself?

so you concede I wasn't contradicting myself?
    If it means you will address other topics, sure.

If not, you incorrectly used the word free and perhaps didn't mean to contradict yourself. But you contradicted yourself by using the word free as I read it.

If it means you will address other topics, sure.

If not, you incorrectly used the word free and perhaps didn't mean to contradict yourself. But you contradicted yourself by using the word free as I read it.
    Good grief

So you’re saying that because Argentina is permitted to send a football team to Qatar does not mean Argentina is free to send a football team to Qatar?

Are you absolutely certain about this?

Because I am not

You’re qualified concession is not really a concession is it…

Good grief

So you’re saying that because Argentina is permitted to send a football team to Qatar does not mean Argentina is free to send a football team to Qatar?

Are you absolutely certain about this?

Because I am not

You’re qualified concession is not really a concession is it…
    If Argentina was free to criticise who it wanted, it would not be restricted by an outside force as to what/who it could criticise.
    If Argentina is permitted to do so, send a team, then it has permission to do so.

No, it's not, and this isnt particualrly interesting.

Perhaps, moving on might be best, there's quite a bit to discuss.