Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    @Fagin

To go back to the conversation we had about Grant Wahl's rainbow t-shirt.... This is terrible. I saw the video his brother (who is gay) posted. He said Grant was wearing the t-shirt in solidarity for him...

https://nypost.com/2022/12/09/us-soccer-journalist-grant-wahl-dies-while-covering-world-cup-in-qatar/
    Was just reading about it mate,it says he was sitting with other journalists then suddenly fell back.The medics responded very quickly.There was no immediate answers to what was the cause.I hope he died of natural causes,as i don't believe his actions warranted more than he originally got.It did say he's been sick with Bronchitis,but he was thinking it was more to do with lack of sleep this week.

No disrespect to his brother or him but the Gay Group have tried their best to destroy this World Cup and thankfully failed......

On another note :

I don't believe anyone has the right to go into other countries demanding they change their criminal laws,or in fact breaking their laws without consequence.
    Last edited by fagin; 10th December 2022 at 02:23 PM.

It appears that Eric Wahl,Grants gay brother is claiming foul play was afoot in his brothers death.Maybe he is just grieving ? And maybe it's better to wait until the autopsy by US personnel is concluded before making such unfounded (at present) statements.

He said his brother had received death threats and now he's dead but he shouldn't accuse the Qatari government without evidence. Horrible situation.

Henderson Trent Allison, all coming home a week earlier. Sad for them but good for LFC

Football unites us all and Russian cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev aboard the international space station has thanked Harry Kane for the ball he will take back to his 5 year old son for Christmas.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Football unites us all and Russian cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev aboard the international space station has thanked Harry Kane for the ball he will take back to his 5 year old son for Christmas.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Henderson Trent Allison, all coming home a week earlier. Sad for them but good for LFC
    What is sad is that despite reaching a WC semi final and a Euro final and then a World Cup Quarter final…we are yet to beat ANYONE of any standing. Some might point the game v Germany in the Euro’s…but it was at Wembley - and that Germany side had been beaten at home by North Macedonia not long before. So weak in fact that a year later they couldn’t get out of their group at this WC.

Best league in the world they say… but the top players are all from over seas.

We did well for 35 minutes against a depleted France. However they scored twice and we managed one from 2 spot kicks.

At some point it has to be faced - even the most successful English squad since ‘66 isn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What is sad is that despite reaching a WC semi final and a Euro final and then a World Cup Quarter final…we are yet to beat ANYONE of any standing. Some might point the game v Germany in the Euro’s…but it was at Wembley - and that Germany side had been beaten at home by North Macedonia not long before. So weak in fact that a year later they couldn’t get out of their group at this WC.

Best league in the world they say… but the top players are all from over seas.

We did well for 35 minutes against a depleted France. However they scored twice and we managed one from 2 spot kicks.

At some point it has to be faced - even the most successful English squad since ‘66 isn’t good enough.

Exactly my point in the england thread FYI the right thread southgate is such a over-rated manager just because he's got past some average teams

anyone who matches us or better only ends in one way
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Been saying this for a while now. I would say Phil Foden aside, none of this England side would get anywhere near the 'Golden Generation' team
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Been saying this for a while now. I would say Phil Foden aside, none of this England side would get anywhere near the 'Golden Generation' team
    '02-'06 England was a pretty good side alright. I wonder if it may be fair to say the squad depth is better now, but the first XI was better then?

Also it's all relative to what's around you - as good as that England side was, there were some international sides that were seriously strong - Brazil for example had some team around 2002.