Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94952535455565758596061626364656669 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

What has FSG got to do with ‘why it’s bad to have a petrodollar owner... I don't think you actually know what you are trying to debate here.

Why not try and deal with the topic at hand? Why even mention companies...FSG?

This thread is about why it’s bad to be owned by a petrodollar oligarch. You seem fixated with sports washing, then you want to talk about confusing nations with companies. There is an overlap BTW..

If we look at the US for example - we can see barely any separation between the 2. The US has overwhelmingly more billionaires than anywhere on the planet....more than TWICE as many as China despite a population dwarfed by comparison. Most of them own companies and make their money inside a rigged system that benefits directly from the same military industrial complex that dominates the globe. That changes regimes that don't comply - that blows up nations that want to back their wealth with gold (libya) and kick out the Yankee Dollar... the petrodollar..!

BUT - let's talk about sports washing... on and on.. and not what it is, but WHAT "the people" think it is.. laughable.. Those them there people - that know what is real and what is not.
    Last edited by Steveo; 16th December 2022 at 04:02 PM.

Oh those righteous English.. Oh those heathen evil eastern sports washers..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...d-cup-28529972

EXCLUSIVE: England's £115 Qatar World Cup shirts made by Thai factory workers paid just £1 an hour
    Fans have expressed outrage at the prices for the current strip and costs have risen faster than inflation - with 'stadium' shirts starting at just under £75, while the 'match' shirts similar to the ones the players wear cost £40 more

At the end of the day, none of us will end up having a say in the next owners or investors.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Most of them own companies and make their money inside a rigged system that benefits directly from the same military industrial complex that dominates the globe. That changes regimes that don't comply - that blows up nations that want to back their wealth with gold (libya) and kick out the Yankee Dollar... the petrodollar..!
    So you are conflating the companies with the country then.

And you accuse me of not knowing what the argument is

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    At the end of the day, none of us will end up having a say in the next owners or investors.
    Very true

That’s why my preference has always been to see the club being run as well as possible. And I will also be sick if it gets bought by someone who wants to use it as a vehicle for their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    So you are conflating the companies with the country then.

And you accuse me of not knowing what the argument is
    No I am not - You can keep saying I am, but that doesn't make it any more true Taksin.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Precisely... that is for the money men

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Very true

That’s why my preference has always been to see the club being run as well as possible. And I will also be sick if it gets bought by someone who wants to use it as a vehicle for their identity.
    "being run as well as possible" means literally ZERO. It means run as you see fit. So you don't want someone to use it as a vehicle for their identity.. but seemingly you are quite happy for them to use it as a vehicle to enrich themselves? Think Taksin - who will all that money they have made benefit? Haven't put in a single penny of their own dosh since being gifted the club "for a steal " almost half it's true value. BUT they will take away up to £3.5 billion in profit.. What wonderful people, so much better than those accused of trying to change their identity...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    "being run as well as possible" means literally ZERO. It means run as you see fit. So you don't want someone to use it as a vehicle for their identity.. but seemingly you are quite happy for them to use it as a vehicle to enrich themselves? Think Taksin - who will all that money they have made benefit? Haven't put in a single penny of their own dosh since being gifted the club "for a steal " almost half its true value. BUT they will take away up to £3.5 billion in profit.. What wonderful people, so much better than those accused of trying to change their identity...
    This is all confused. If the same logic were levelled at you in your own life, your own greed and shortcomings would be laid bare. You’ve enriched yourself by the means available to you - why haven’t you given it all away to African children?

Business leads to profits. Good business leads to good profits.

Because you can’t get over the concept of ‘price’, you are unable to judge what is actually good for the club. You just imagine a sugar daddy will take care of everything but that’s where the real exploitation starts. The club is used for something else, something much uglier.

No one forced them to sell the club to FSG for that amount. No one is forcing anyone to buy it for any price. It’s worth what people pay.

You can’t get your heard around 3 billion but you can get it around, what, 800 million? It’s like when people say Bellingham isn’t worth £120 million I wouldn’t pay more than £90 million. Where does that come from?

These are abstractions that come with this level of business. Some people know what they’re doing. Others don’t.

We will see how you argue the case when the next owner saddles us with massive debt, showing off with big signings to placate the fans. That is if the club is even for sale, which isn’t exactly clear anyway.

Confused he/she/it says..

I have worked hard for the salary I have taken. I didn't buy someone else to earn it. Did I buy African children to then sell them for a profit? What a ridiculous individual you are. Disturbed.

Out on your own. I suggest therapy