Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He needs to play with two energetic, combative lads does Thiago - in an ideal World. His contract situation will be interesting - not one of our younger players and on one of our highest wage packets outside of Salah - next season could very well be his last if we wish to revamp entirely, much as I would miss his silky touches.
    He is actually our most combative midfielder, amusingly.
    Neither henderson nor fabinho get stuck in as much.
    Someone couldn't recall henderson making a tackle... Because he fucking didn't.

It goes without saying, that the catastrophic start did us no favours considering our fragile confidence. That said, it's worrying that we managed to take the lead and were still fortunate to get a draw. The players look absolutely knackered.

We have a completely non-existent midfield, and it's only the supporters that realise, which is kind of concerning.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

The team is fucked. We've run ourselves into the ground over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I rarely criticize Klopp but the fact that he hasn't reinforced midfield is a mystery. I get the dynamics of FSG and transfer policy etc but we've signed Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez - all forward players
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quite frankly he needs to change his system with this midfield.

The midfield is important, it's the engine, and that engine has broke down
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Had we spent that money on the midfield and kept Origi, even without Mané I really don’t think we would be in such a parlous state.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Had we spent that money on the midfield and kept Origi, even without Mané I really don’t think we would be in such a parlous state.
    Agree. Had Origi started plenty he'd have atleast the same as Nunez I'd say.
    That's not a slight on Nunez as he's grafted his arse off. It's not his fault we haven't strengthened midfield. Hindsight though.
    I genuinely don't think Klopp or FSG would do it differently though if they could turn the clock back.
    There's a reason why midfield was neglected. Klopp couldn't get who he wanted and whilst that's admirable in a way it's stupidly cutting off your nose to spite your arse in another.
    This has been a gradually constant neglect over the last few years and it's damaging us now.
    We don't even have any marquee high value players now either which is a worry. Our crown jewels Virgil and Salah are not what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Quite frankly he needs to change his system with this midfield.

The midfield is important, it's the engine, and that engine has broke down
    Im in agreement. The system needs to the change. We don't have the players to play the way we used to.

Sit a bit deeper to give the back 4 more protection. Try and be hard to break down again and build from there.

Sitting back and countering still requires runners from midfield.
    If you noticed vs wolves (and others) when they break vs us its always 3-4 runners, sometimes the majority being the midfield. When we break it's literally one of the front 3, always.

So sitting deeper may give us more clean sheets, but I'm not sure we score on the break unless it's a individual moment of brilliance like the Darwin goal.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    If you noticed vs wolves (and others) when they break vs us its always 3-4 runners, sometimes the majority being the midfield. When we break it's literally one of the front 3, always.

So sitting deeper may give us more clean sheets, but I'm not sure we score on the break unless it's a individual moment of brilliance like the Darwin goal.
    I get what your saying, but right now I'll take clean sheets and a scrappy winner from a set piece. We need get back to being hard to beat again. On the runners, we do have 3 pretty quick players now up top and we could always have 1 advanced midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post

we have some big pace up top, route one football let's go

Is tony pulis or big sam around?

they'll take us to glory playing shithouse counter football!

if we don't have the money and can't fix the midfield fuck it lets go, and lets kick the shit out of the other team!!!

I do wish we did that more, not prickford style but we're far too soft at times, have been since we lost Gerrard
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.